Looking for a program to calculate Soccer League Tables?

Looking for a program to calculate Soccer League Tables?

Post by sharpjame » Mon, 26 Oct 1998 03:00:00

Could somebody tell me if there is a program available that takes results
from the English Soccer Leagues and creates League Tables from them.  Idf

Looking for a program to calculate Soccer League Tables?

Post by Rikki Princ » Tue, 27 Oct 1998 04:00:00

What is soccer?

>Could somebody tell me if there is a program available that takes results
>from the English Soccer Leagues and creates League Tables from them.  Idf

Looking for a program to calculate Soccer League Tables?

Post by David Chamber » Tue, 27 Oct 1998 04:00:00

Well Rikki, Soccer is essentially a game of two halves, played by television
commentators who are too stupid to get a real job, who compete with each
other to deliver the most boring and irrelevant commentary whilst watching
the progress (or lack of it) of two equally stupid teams of grown men in
little boys shorts who compete with each other to be the first to kiss the
one who accidentally gets the tiny ball into the huge net at the end of the
field.  Next week .... an observers guide to Rugger.
    Dave Chambers.

>What is soccer?

>>Could somebody tell me if there is a program available that takes results
>>from the English Soccer Leagues and creates League Tables from them.  Idf

Looking for a program to calculate Soccer League Tables?

Post by Rufu » Wed, 28 Oct 1998 04:00:00

So it is sort of like football without the * then?

Quote:>Well Rikki, Soccer is essentially a game of two halves, played by
television
>commentators <snip>
> Next week .... an observers guide to Rugger.

We shall look forward to it.

Rufus

Post by John Halliwel » Mon, 02 Nov 1998 04:00:00

>Could somebody tell me if there is a program available that takes results
>from the English Soccer Leagues and creates League Tables from them.  Idf

I don't know if there's software to do it, but it's possible using a
spreadsheet. If your using a series 3xx, you can then sort on points and
secondly goal difference.

All you'd have to do is change the win/lose/draw figures and goals for
and against every week. Use formula to multiply no of matches won by 3,
and matches drawn by 1 and add points up, the goal difference would be
done the same way.
--
John

New purchase Psionometer (reflecting my requirements)!

   Buy 3mx              Put up with 3a        Buy Psion 5
   <-------------------------> <------------------------>
                              ^

Post by Paul S. Gann » Tue, 03 Nov 1998 04:00:00

>New purchase Psionometer (reflecting my requirements)!

>   Buy 3mx              Put up with 3a        Buy Psion 5
>   <-------------------------> <------------------------>
>                              ^

Interestingly, the above Psionometer gives different results depending
on the font being used for display. Does this mean your requirements
vary with your typeface?

Paul.
Expressed opinions are usually my own.
Especially if they're any good (of course).

Post by Karel Janse » Wed, 04 Nov 1998 04:00:00

> >New purchase Psionometer (reflecting my requirements)!

> >   Buy 3mx              Put up with 3a        Buy Psion 5
> >   <-------------------------> <------------------------>
> >                              ^

> Interestingly, the above Psionometer gives different results depending
> on the font being used for display. Does this mean your requirements
> vary with your typeface?

> Paul.
> Expressed opinions are usually my own.
> Especially if they're any good (of course).

Read your mail as God intended it to be read, AKA monospaced
!

Karel Jansens
jansens_at_ibm_dot_net

Post by Karel Janse » Thu, 05 Nov 1998 04:00:00

> On 3 Nov 1998 19:35:00 GMT, jansens_at_ibm_dot_net (Karel Jansens)

> >Read your mail as God intended it to be read, AKA monospaced

> That's only if you're into monotheism.  Personally my gods are
> multidimensional, and the holy book's written in Zapf Dingbats.

> May your god go with you,
> Steve.

> --

> Psion FAQ: http://www.geocities.com/SiliconValley/8130/faq.htm

ROTFL !!!

BTW, if you've got that many gods, how's it they could agree
on only one holy book ?

Karel Jansens
jansens_at_ibm_dot_net