Vintage Psion

Post by Sean » Wed, 13 Sep 2000 09:23:04

I have been given an old series 3 psion (yes before the 3A, B, C, etc)
and I was wondering if its still possible to get a PC link for a unit
this old?
Thanks Sean.

P.S I'm in western Canada

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy.

Vintage Psion

Post by sib » Wed, 13 Sep 2000 14:49:05

> I have been given an old series 3 psion (yes before the 3A, B, C, etc)
> and I was wondering if its still possible to get a PC link for a unit
> this old?

It has the same port as the 3a so look for a second hand 3Link
Serial link. Ic comes with a verry simple terminal emulator on the
link itself which you install when connected.

Vintage Psion

Post by Mike McConnel » Wed, 13 Sep 2000 19:08:06

Quote:> I have been given an old series 3 psion (yes before the 3A, B, C, etc)
> and I was wondering if its still possible to get a PC link for a unit
> this old?

The S3 used the same "3Link" as the 3a so someone may still have one going
spare :-)

You could also try the Psion Exchange - www.psionex.co.uk - who advertise it
for 40 UK pounds.

--
      Mike       [Dundee, Scotland]
  ___________________________

  ___________________________

Vintage Psion

Post by Pellégrini Didie » Thu, 14 Sep 2000 00:26:00

Quote:> I have been given an old series 3 psion (yes before the 3A, B, C, etc)

There was nothing like a 3B...;-)
S3, S3a, S3c, S3mx

Didier

Vintage Psion

Post by sib » Thu, 14 Sep 2000 04:53:04

> There was nothing like a 3B...;-)
> S3, S3a, S3c, S3mx

You forgot the 3s ;)

Vintage Psion

Post by Pellégrini Didie » Sat, 16 Sep 2000 04:00:00

> > There was nothing like a 3B...;-)
> > S3, S3a, S3c, S3mx

> You forgot the 3s ;)

Please, give more info :
what is a S3s ? I didn't forgot, I never knew...

Didier

Vintage Psion

Post by sib » Sat, 16 Sep 2000 04:00:00

> what is a S3s ?

It was a slimmed down version of the 3a. Like a S3 but with the
bigger screen

Vintage Psion

Post by Darre » Sat, 16 Sep 2000 04:00:00

Quote:> It was a slimmed down version of the 3a. Like a S3 but with the
> bigger screen

AFAIK it was actually a standard 3 (small screen) with the spreadsheet in
ROM. Does anyone else know for sure, just out of interest?

Vintage Psion

Post by Alasdair Mans » Sat, 16 Sep 2000 04:00:00

>AFAIK it was actually a standard 3 (small screen) with the spreadsheet in
>ROM

That is correct.

see you

ali

Vintage Psion

Post by Pellégrini Didie » Tue, 19 Sep 2000 04:00:00

> >AFAIK it was actually a standard 3 (small screen) with the
spreadsheet in
> >ROM

> That is correct.

Yes, I remember it, I didn't know it had a special name
(I don't know if it was available in France. Prior to the
S3a, late S3's were sold with the spreadsheet flash added
for free).

Thanks for the info.

Didier

1. S3, 1992 vintage. What do I do now?

Yes, I finally got one!  A little out of date, but what the hell?  It's
a lovely little doodad complete with print lead, '3 link' serial lead
and a leather case.

I would be pleased to know:
 #  what the difference is between a 3 and a 3A\C?
 #  what memory is available, at what cost and where for a 3?
 #  any more useful printer drivers eg HP2 or 3 (I have an Olivetti
PG304 laser with a German manual so I know not even what emulation it
might have)?
 #  of any easier-to-use replacments for the '3Link' software?
 #  of a 'sheet' prog for a 3?
 #  of a source of sound files that will run on a 3.  The BEEP is faint
and rather Spectrum-y.  Will a POKE or two up the volume to around the
level of the alarm?

There seem to be a worrying number of 404's and lost links in the
archives I've seen so far.  Or is this my s/ware/ISP?  And seemingly
little action on the usenet, too.

Thanks in anticipation

Chris Makepeace
      My anorak is size 0x2A, why?

2. Blitz 2

3. FS:2 Psions, Psion Printer, Psion Link, Psion SSD, Psion S/W

4. Help with LAT: Solution and Thanks.

5. FS:Portable Printer for Psion, Psion Printer Link, Psion 3A (Package or Seperate)

6. Mail box is in use

7. Adressentransfer von 3Com Palm nach Psion 5, transfer of adresses from 3com palm to psion 5

8. Norton Personal Firewall

9. Transfer Psion files > Palm [Now that Psion handhelds are defunct]

10. Got a Psion WAP browser for exchange with other Psion Software

11. looking for psion internet mail software for my psion 3c

12. Convertion of Psion Data files into the New Psion Contact format.

13. Psion 5 Infrared link to Psion 5MX