GPS Link-ups: Help Please

Post by bigd.. » Sun, 30 Jul 2000 04:00:00

Hi,

After months of humming and hawing (mainly at the price of the
software), I have taken the plunge and purchased Route Planner
Millennium for my 5MX. I would like to buy a GPS receiver for use with
this software when I'm driving (although I may use the receiver on its
own occasionally, so don't want the Palmtop one).

Anyway, so I'm looking to get a Garmin (probably an E-Trex) GPS
receiver and link that puppy up with the Psion. I've been looking
around lots of sites but can't seem to find anyone who can sell me a
direct link cable, i.e. one that doesn't have two cables linked
together or an awkward adapter. Can anyone give me any advice on this?

Thanks,

Mark

GPS Link-ups: Help Please

Post by Steve Litchfie » Sun, 30 Jul 2000 04:00:00

Quote:> Anyway, so I'm looking to get a Garmin (probably an E-Trex) GPS
> receiver and link that puppy up with the Psion. I've been looking
> around lots of sites but can't seem to find anyone who can sell me a
> direct link cable, i.e. one that doesn't have two cables linked
> together or an awkward adapter. Can anyone give me any advice on this?

http://www.exportech.co.uk/ are the experts on all this - see their
GPS/cable bundles.

Steve

GPS Link-ups: Help Please

Post by bigd.. » Mon, 31 Jul 2000 04:00:00

Excellent, thanks - my Etrex and cable are on the way!

>> Anyway, so I'm looking to get a Garmin (probably an E-Trex) GPS
>> receiver and link that puppy up with the Psion. I've been looking
>> around lots of sites but can't seem to find anyone who can sell me a
>> direct link cable, i.e. one that doesn't have two cables linked
>> together or an awkward adapter. Can anyone give me any advice on this?

>http://www.exportech.co.uk/ are the experts on all this - see their
>GPS/cable bundles.

>Steve

GPS Link-ups: Help Please

Post by bigmacu » Fri, 04 Aug 2000 04:00:00

You could try http://www.psionleads.freeserve.co.uk/

:o)

Quote:> Hi,