Orange Charging for 0800 Data Calls

Post by Dave Brow » Mon, 11 Dec 2000 09:57:43

Just a not for those of you like me, who use an Orange mobile with your
Psion.

As of the 1st December they have started for *all* 0800, 0808 data calls.
Voice calls to 0800 are still f.o.c. Customer services were only informed on
the 8th December, and many still don't know about it. It is contained in
their staff information sheet of the 8/12/00, just in case anybody rings and
they deny it, tell them to read it.

They have been insructed *not* to automatically credit customers accounts,
unless the customer rings in to complain, in which case they are to refund
without argument.

--
Regards

Dave Brown

Orange Charging for 0800 Data Calls

Post by John McLaughli » Mon, 11 Dec 2000 23:28:41

Dave,

Thanks for the tip.  Being with BTInternet I used this a lot in past times
plus 0800 for accessing company network.  Orange have not advised me of any
changes to my service plan which is a match of 121 Anytime 60 plan.  I have
just spoken to their customer service department and I can confirm that they
say they will be charging for all 0800 data calls.
They have given me a fax number of the Customer Service Centre in Bristol
(01454 624520).  Anyone should fax and complain about non-notification of
changes to pricing structure.  The guy I spoke to said there will be no
refunds and they had not seen any memos on the subject.

Looks like time to move the family to another service provider!

John

> Just a not for those of you like me, who use an Orange mobile with your
> Psion.

> As of the 1st December they have started for *all* 0800, 0808 data calls.
> Voice calls to 0800 are still f.o.c. Customer services were only informed
on
> the 8th December, and many still don't know about it. It is contained in
> their staff information sheet of the 8/12/00, just in case anybody rings
and
> they deny it, tell them to read it.

> They have been insructed *not* to automatically credit customers accounts,
> unless the customer rings in to complain, in which case they are to refund
> without argument.

> --
> Regards

> Dave Brown

Orange Charging for 0800 Data Calls

Post by Dave Brow » Tue, 12 Dec 2000 07:43:38

Quote:> Dave,

> Thanks for the tip.  Being with BTInternet I used this a lot in past times
> plus 0800 for accessing company network.  Orange have not advised me of
any
> changes to my service plan which is a match of 121 Anytime 60 plan.  I
have
> just spoken to their customer service department and I can confirm that
they
> say they will be charging for all 0800 data calls.
> They have given me a fax number of the Customer Service Centre in Bristol
> (01454 624520).  Anyone should fax and complain about non-notification of
> changes to pricing structure.  The guy I spoke to said there will be no
> refunds and they had not seen any memos on the subject.

> Looks like time to move the family to another service provider!

> John

Interesting.......several of the guys who first brought this up on the n.g.
*uk.telecoms.mobile*  said that the people that they had spoken to at Orange
c.s. had read out their staff bulletin which specifically stated that
*refunds* would be given. I would strongly suggest that if you pay your
Orange bill by Direct Debit that you cancel it. You are in a much better
bargaining position when you owe them money, rather than the other way
around.......i.m.h.o. of course.

Also it is a clear breach of their terms under section 4.3 in their terms
and conditions, which *they* say would give you the right to cancel your
contract, just in case this may be of any help. Personally I'll be staying
with them, as in my experience they are by far the best of the 4.

Regards

Dave Brown

Post by Tim Tyle » Mon, 18 Dec 2000 20:17:19

: Looks like time to move the family to another service provider!

What other provider gives free 0800 data calls?
--
__________                  http://alife.co.uk/  http://mandala.co.uk/