Macsys Macros - is there a web page anywhere?

Macsys Macros - is there a web page anywhere?

Post by David Aldre » Mon, 15 Mar 1999 04:00:00

As a user of the Macsys 2 macro system, I'm wondering if there is a
website anywhere with a library of macros?

I know that everyone will have his/her own way of using the system, but
there must be some benefit in a resource of this sort.

Anyone know?
--
------------------                          -------------------------

|/             --------------------------------

Macsys Macros - is there a web page anywhere?

Post by Oliver Garc » Mon, 15 Mar 1999 04:00:00

On Sun, 14 Mar 1999 12:04:18 +0000, David Aldred

>As a user of the Macsys 2 macro system, I'm wondering if there is a
>website anywhere with a library of macros?

>I know that everyone will have his/her own way of using the system, but
>there must be some benefit in a resource of this sort.

The only comprehensive MacSys site I know of is my own :-)

Have a look at:
http://rummelplatz.uni-mannheim.de/ucgi/jura/garcia/macsys/index.html

Although it is in German, you can often see what the macros do by the
screen shots. Source codes are provided, of course.
Contact me, if you are interested in some of the macros but don't know
how exactly to use them.

Also, there are some links to English language sites at:
http://rummelplatz.uni-mannheim.de/ucgi/jura/garcia/macsys/index.html#4

On one of the next updates I will add an (English) macros page that
was available at Tom Dolbilin's site (which had been shut down a long
a time ago).
However, it contains just the descriptions and the email addresses of
the authors, so you would have to contact them.
If you would like, I can send you this listing.

If you have some own macros that you would like to offer to the
community, don't hesitate to send it to me and I will add them to my
site (with your English description).

Regards,

Oliver

Macsys Macros - is there a web page anywhere?

Post by Neil McMulle » Mon, 15 Mar 1999 04:00:00

Many good ones about the 3 Lib site.
Also Toms homepage if he still has it would be worth a visit.
My personal favourite macro is EXAB 2.00
NeilMac

>As a user of the Macsys 2 macro system, I'm wondering if there is a
>website anywhere with a library of macros?

>I know that everyone will have his/her own way of using the system, but
>there must be some benefit in a resource of this sort.

>Anyone know?
>--
>------------------                          -------------------------

>|/             --------------------------------

Macsys Macros - is there a web page anywhere?

Post by David Aldre » Tue, 16 Mar 1999 04:00:00

Oliver Garcia types:

>On Sun, 14 Mar 1999 12:04:18 +0000, David Aldred

>>As a user of the Macsys 2 macro system, I'm wondering if there is a
>>website anywhere with a library of macros?

>>I know that everyone will have his/her own way of using the system, but
>>there must be some benefit in a resource of this sort.

>The only comprehensive MacSys site I know of is my own :-)

>Have a look at:
>http://rummelplatz.uni-mannheim.de/ucgi/jura/garcia/macsys/index.html

Danke schoen!

Been there now, like it.  Or at least as much as I could immediately
grasp of it - my German's a little rusty and was never exactly
technical.

Would you be interested in co-operating on an English-language mirror[1]
(with appropriate translation of macros too), since no-one else has come
up with anything to parallel it yet?

[1] all right, not exactly a mirror, but you know what I mean :-)
--
------------------                          -------------------------

|/             --------------------------------

1. MacSys Date Macro

Hi,
        Could someone mail me the final solution for the change of date format
returned from the MacSys Data macro.  It was discusses sometime at the
begining of the week, but for some reason I lost the OPL snipit.

yours  davet.

2. DCT: Information about efficient algorithms for DCT video compression

3. MacSys macro to turn link on - help anyone please?

4. emacs-19.23/24 and pixmap converters

5. ExAb Abbreviation Extender Macro for MacSys

6. COMPUTER HALTS TO RESIZE ITSELF!

7. Macsys macros collection

8. Emotions

9. Macsys: collection of macros?