opera

Post by Paul Mathi » Sun, 24 Feb 2002 20:31:50

i have downloaded opera browser from somewhere a while ago and have recently
attempted to install it on my S5.  I don't know how it happened, but all that
has happened is Opera has installed itself on my PC!!  How do i put it on the
S5?  Also, are there better browser softwares out there?
cheers
pm

opera

Post by Mike McConnel » Sun, 24 Feb 2002 22:42:15

Quote:> i have downloaded opera browser from somewhere a while ago and have
recently
> attempted to install it on my S5.  I don't know how it happened, but all
that
> has happened is Opera has installed itself on my PC!!  How do i put it on
the
> S5?  Also, are there better browser softwares out there?

You must have downloaded a PC version instead of the EPOC version :-)

--
      Mike       [Dundee, Scotland]

opera

Post by Erik Sandblo » Mon, 25 Feb 2002 03:14:49

Quote:> i have downloaded opera browser from somewhere a while ago and have recently
> attempted to install it on my S5.  I don't know how it happened, but all that
> has happened is Opera has installed itself on my PC!!  How do i put it on the
> S5?

This page will give you the right version of Opera if you have a 5mx
http://www.opera.com/download/get.pl?platform=symbian&force=5.13

this one if you have a 5 "classic"
http://www.opera.com/download/get.pl?id=52

Erik Sandblom

--
my site is EriksRailNews.com
for those who don't believe, no explanation is possible

opera

Post by Gary Brunsdo » Mon, 25 Feb 2002 19:48:20

If you go to the site it gives you options re which version of the browser
to load?
So wondered which version would be best for a 5MX - and also wanted to make
sure that it was free and not a trial time limited version.
.. versions available seem to be
5.13
5.12 Beta 4
5.11 Beta 3
5.10 beta 2
3.62

so - which is best.. remember someone saying that the earlier version may
run sites faster/

p?

> > i have downloaded opera browser from somewhere a while ago and have
recently
> > attempted to install it on my S5.  I don't know how it happened, but all
that
> > has happened is Opera has installed itself on my PC!!  How do i put it
on the
> > S5?

> This page will give you the right version of Opera if you have a 5mx
> http://www.opera.com/download/get.pl?platform=symbian&force=5.13

> this one if you have a 5 "classic"
> http://www.opera.com/download/get.pl?id=52

> Erik Sandblom

> --
> my site is EriksRailNews.com
> for those who don't believe, no explanation is possible
> for those who do, no explanation is necessary

1. where to get opera for my series7?

Hi all.

i bought a series 7 without a psion disc (burned psiwin and manual on
it). I know the opera web browser is on it. I beleive this is not
opera or the latest version. So where can I get the opera browser for
my series 7.

cheers
bob

2. psnup question

3. Netbook + Opera hangup - help!

4. A2000 video fading

5. problems with Opera 5.14 on a Mnetbook

6. LYNX Development System

7. opera web browser (Revo+)

8. FS: Zaurus 5800 w/accessories

9. ANN: Opera 5.14