Batteries With AC Lead

Post by Paul » Sat, 07 Jun 1997 04:00:00

Simple question: If I plug my 3C into the mains with an AC lead, does that
mean the batteries will NOT lose power for the duration that the lead is
plugged in?

Regards, Paul.

Batteries With AC Lead

Post by Maurice Oude Tijdho » Sat, 07 Jun 1997 04:00:00

> Simple question: If I plug my 3C into the mains with an AC lead, does that
> mean the batteries will NOT lose power for the duration that the lead is
> plugged in?

> Regards, Paul.

You are right.....the batteries will NOT lose power.

--
    ,------------------------.
   / Let's make chips better! \
    | /       M.Oude Tijdhof
  _ |/         IC Design Engineer
 oo\            SPaSE B.V.
(__)\       _
  \  \    .'  `.
   \  \  /      \  The Netherlands
    \  '"        \

      '-| )__| :.  \
        | |  | | \  '.
       c__; c__;  '-..'>.__

Batteries With AC Lead

Post by Mujibur Choudhu » Sat, 07 Jun 1997 04:00:00

: Simple question: If I plug my 3C into the mains with an AC lead, does that
: mean the batteries will NOT lose power for the duration that the lead is
: plugged in?

: Regards, Paul.

--

I asked the same question to a techie at Psion and he said the batteries
do not drain when on main power.  Infact, in support of this, the Psion

Muj.
Mujibur Choudhury Dept. of Computer Science, University of Southampton, UK
*******************Printed on 100% recycled electrons************************

Batteries With AC Lead

Post by man » Sat, 07 Jun 1997 04:00:00

i think you are correct, other than the usual shelf-life/degradation  of the
battery itself.
the mains adapter switches the psion to mains power source if the voltage is
over xxx volts, (9 or 10?), but if you use an adapter that is low-voltage, the
small green light will still light up, but battery power will be used.
that's what i understand from reading previous postings anyway :-)

}Simple question: If I plug my 3C into the mains with an AC lead, does that
}mean the batteries will NOT lose power for the duration that the lead is
}plugged in?
}
}Regards, Paul.

regards, mani

Batteries With AC Lead

Post by Ben Cliffo » Sat, 07 Jun 1997 04:00:00

Batteries With AC Lead

Post by John Hun » Sat, 07 Jun 1997 04:00:00

Quote:> Simple question: If I plug my 3C into the mains with an AC lead, does that
> mean the batteries will NOT lose power for the duration that the lead is
> plugged in?
> Regards, Paul.

ok, read the other stuff about low voltages using battery power etc.
All I have to say on this is if it used battery power even with the
mains adaptor, what would be the point of using mains power?

--
John Hunt
Computer Contractor - COBOL CICS, IDEAL, MVS/ESA, TSO/ISPF, JCL

1. rechargable batteries + AC adapter

Hello,

I have some questions wrt the use of rechargable batteries in the 5mx.  What
kind of batteries is best suited (NiMh, NiCd, ... ).  If you use rechargable
batteries, and while these are inserted; you connect an AC adapter to the
5mx, will it recharge the batteries ?

Is it ok to use any adaptor that supplies 6V with the correct polarity ?

Thanks in advance,

J?rg

--
When mailing, please remove the ".no" and "spam." from my address.

2. BJC-Tintenf├╝hler gebrochen?

3. Battery Problems - Now mains Lead ???

4. match...against - fulltext function probs

5. 3a battery lead connector

6. PSC 950, G85, or D145 all-in-one? Advice? Cost per page?

7. Broken battery lead

8. Age adjusted rates

9. Help needed: Fixing the battery lead

10. Battery Lead problem?

11. The dreaded battery lead problem

12. Battery lead problem

13. parts to fix dreaded battery lead problem