ANNOUNCE: CODECALC v2.00 HAS BEEN OFFICIALLY RELEASED.
CodeCalc is a timecode calculator for the Psion 3c and Siena (and most
likely will work on the Psion 3a/mx also, but I can't guarantee it
because I don't own either of them!). :) It may be downloaded from
my web site: http://www.zipworld.com.au/~otser
Here is the text from its "Changes" document:
* STATUS CHANGE: This release of CodeCalc is ShareWare and you are
required to pay for its continued use. I am relying on your honesty
to register if you intend to keep using the program on a regular
basis. However, to discourage dishonest use CodeCalc can only be
used for the first 30 minutes of each hour. This seems strange at
first, but it makes sense because many TV personnel may only need to
use CodeCalc once in a blue moon, and I therefore don't want them to
be at liberty to simply pick up CodeCalc at any time and do a quick
calculation or two. No other nags are present and the program is
otherwise totally uncrippled and available for your full evaluation.
Registration can be done online with any major credit card (via a
secure server) and will help ensure that the program has a future.
If you are working in the TV industry, don't forget to check your
tax laws because you are more than likely able to claim the cost of
registering back on your tax return. To register, please visit this
web site: http://www.zipworld.com.au/~otser/register.htm
* MAJOR ENHANCEMENT: CodeCalc's display now uses a user-friendly GUI
instead of the old console format.
* MAJOR ENHANCEMENT: In addition to PAL/NTSC/SECAM/Film support, you
can now do time calculations in ANY number of frames from 1 to 99
* MAJOR ENHANCEMENT: Siena support! :) However, the Siena lacks two
features that Psion 3c users enjoy due to its larger screen size;
these features are listed below.
* ENHANCEMENT: Psion 3c users have an on-screen history buffer that
shows their last 9 mathematical calculations and temporary notes.
* ENHANCEMENT: Psion 3c users can jot down brief temporary notes with
* ENHANCEMENT: Time calculations can now be multiplied by a value.
* MAJOR ENHANCEMENT: Calculation of minutes/seconds/frames to "time"
format is now INSTANT, rather than bringing up a "Working" dialog
and taking some time to calculate.
* ENHANCEMENT: Calculation of minutes/seconds/frames to "time" format
now gives you a greater range than previous versions of CodeCalc.
For example, CodeCalc v1.xx restricted minutes to 999, but this has
been raised in v2.00 to 5999. Seconds and frames also have similar
* BUGFIX: Calculation of minutes/seconds/frames to "time" format no
longer gives incorrect results with some values.
* ENHANCEMENT: Countdown timer now has a maximum duration of exactly
one day (well, 23:59:59) rather than the old limit of 22:59:59.
* ENHANCEMENT: When the countdown timer reaches 00:01:00, CodeCalc is
automatically brought to the foreground with an audible beep, so now
you can work on other tasks during the countdown and be safe in the
knowledge that you won't miss the countdown reaching zero.
* ENHANCEMENT: When the countdown timer reaches zero, one of three
different audible alarms are played (although you can still have no
alarm as in older versions of CodeCalc).
* ENHANCEMENT: When calculating an on-air reel's TX end-time, you can
now optionally set the countdown timer to the duration remaining
until this time (did that make sense?). :)