IR Port Hang ups

Post by PRA » Wed, 08 Sep 1999 04:00:00

I've got a problem I wonder if anybody else has encountered.

When I'm downloading my email on the train (P5 & SH888 over
IR) if I dip out of coverage an dthe line drops then it
takes ages for the IR port to become free so I can
reconnect.

Is their a quick way of freeing the port?

PRAR
--
http://village.vossnet.co.uk/p/prar/
Unlike Chess, Mornington Crescent takes a lifetime to learn the rules,

1. 5mx hangs during IR comms

Thanks to all those with tips to get the 5mx connected via IR to my PC.
I now have a new problem.
The link establishes fine. In the middle of backup the link suddenly drops.
This happens a few times and then the 5mx hangs. It allows you to go to
Remote Link but nothing else works except switch off. The only solution is
the rest button.
Why is the 5mx doing this and what can I do to prevent it from happening
again?

Joel

2. Can I change default "Users Shared Folders" location?

3. PsiWin 2.3 with XP and IR port

4. WordFlair

5. Using Revo IR port for Nokia 6150

6. Dice

7. IR Port Revo

8. How do I post xml data to webservice

9. OPL for IR PORT on Serie3

10. Programming the Psion 3mx to use the IR port

11. IR-port recommendations anyone?

12. S3c <-> S5 IR Port

13. How to use laptop IR port and my 3C