WARNING - JUNGLE.COM - **DON'T USE**

Post by Ian Goulbourn » Tue, 26 Oct 1999 04:00:00

*I'M ANGRY*
On the subject of software houses/companies to use for purchasing software,
don't use Jungle.Com
Despite the software not being in stock, they debited my MasterCard for the
full amount immediately and did not inform me. 21 days later, my statement
arrives - with surprise surprise, the amount deducted :-((

Guess what! the order is still being processed - I have now cancelled the
order with my charge card company

This is not just poor service, it is dishonest.

This is my first experience of such practice - I have not seen a company
charge me before despatching goods before.

In terms of service, can I mention Expansys, Widget and Palmscape as
companies with flawless service - I recommend any of these from my own
experience.

Perhaps this posting will do some good ( it makes me feel a bit better) and
if it serves to warn people off from dealing with such a sneaky firm !

BTW I did give Jungle 24 hours to reply - their customer service email
system seems to be jammed - perhaps from complaints ?

Ian

WARNING - JUNGLE.COM - **DON'T USE**

Post by David Farran » Tue, 26 Oct 1999 04:00:00

I am having trouble with Jungle.com at present. Software downloaded, but has
very limited installs allowed. No mention of this anywhere. Not good as it
was discopy, used to install new hard drive, and I had troubles with that
too.
Guess what? Jungle dont seem to want to talk to me. Avoid them!
I confirm Widget and others are excellent companies to deal with.

David Farrant.

>*I'M ANGRY*
>On the subject of software houses/companies to use for purchasing software,
>don't use Jungle.Com
>Despite the software not being in stock, they debited my MasterCard for the
>full amount immediately and did not inform me. 21 days later, my statement
>arrives - with surprise surprise, the amount deducted :-((

>Guess what! the order is still being processed - I have now cancelled the
>order with my charge card company

>This is not just poor service, it is dishonest.

>This is my first experience of such practice - I have not seen a company
>charge me before despatching goods before.

>In terms of service, can I mention Expansys, Widget and Palmscape as
>companies with flawless service - I recommend any of these from my own
>experience.

>Perhaps this posting will do some good ( it makes me feel a bit better) and
>if it serves to warn people off from dealing with such a sneaky firm !

>BTW I did give Jungle 24 hours to reply - their customer service email
>system seems to be jammed - perhaps from complaints ?

>Ian

WARNING - JUNGLE.COM - **DON'T USE**

Post by Andy » Thu, 28 Oct 1999 04:00:00

UK buyers are advised to check out the group uk.comp.vendors
and perhaps ask what the company is like before purchasing.

Note: Go for a consensus of opinion! Also most vendors are fine
if the product ships and it works. Its when things go wrong
(not delivered , DOA etc) that you see which ones are good and which
should be avoided.

Jungle.com are having a lot of startup problems at the moment. They
are affiliated with a reputable company, but they have not done
themselves any favours over recent weeks.

Andy L.
--

             http://members.tripod.com/~alord/psion/

1. jungle.com = no service

Phew that was close! I nearly ended up with CE!

On Tuesday, after trawling through the web sites I decided to move away from
my normal suppliers and take software-warehouse up on their offer of a free
leather case with every HP Jornada 680.

I was transferred to Jungle.com and saw that there was stock available for
immediate delivery. I placed the order for next day delivery. As it was
about 6pm on Tuesday I expected the order to be processed on Wednesday and
for me to have the goods today; Thursday.

The goods didn't arrive so I cancelled the order and received the following
reply: -

************
Your order has been cancelled as requested, and your credit card has
been refunded.

The response to the jungle.com launch has been phenomenal, and has
completely exceeded our expectations.  This has led to some delays in
shipping orders.

I would like to assure you that we are doing everything in our power to
resolve these delays.  jungle.com are dedicated to providing the very
best on-line shopping experience, and we will not rest until we have
achieved this.
**********

The moral of the story is twofold. Don't believe the 'available immediately'
message on their site and if you need it urgently you cannot rely on
jungle.com

--
Andy Hayes
West Sussex

ICQ 53314000
PGP Key Available

2. NewDeal-WWW-page?

3. 'Replace Batteries' warning at ~50%?

4. Ethernet packet-monitor for HPUX or Winsock

5. DON'T' THROW AWAY YOUR PSION 3

6. FS: AS/400 F50, in Sydney Australia.

7. Debug array wrapper class

8. ISP's that don't offer shell access (PsiMail Internet scripts)

9. Don't panic I've sussed it

10. DON'T' THROW AWAY YOUR PSION 3