psion needs fixing

Post by Steve Nisbe » Wed, 21 Oct 1998 04:00:00

The icon bar on the hinge of my series 3a seems not to respond at the
moment.
Has anyone any suggestions, or can anyone remember the name and address
of the
chap that fixes psions.
thanks in advance, please email direct

Steve Nisbet
Web Admin, DOCM, MMU

psion needs fixing

Post by David MacKa » Thu, 22 Oct 1998 04:00:00

The dead button bar problem is a famous problem.
Read the FAQ for lots and lots of fixes.
The quickest one is:
  It has been found out by a 2 year old (sic!) that you
         can "emulate" the Sheet button with the key
         combination of "up cursor, down cursor and Esc".
         Yes, it seems strange but it works! This will
         either put you into an open Sheet file or bring
         you to the Sheet icon on the System screen. To go
         directly to the Sheet icon each time, press the
         Psion key at the same time as the above
         combination.
         Another such key combination has been reported
         by Timothy Giles: "up cursor, p key and Esc"
         will emulate the Calc button. Apparently, there is
         a pattern and this key sequence was found by
         studying the keyboard values of keys...

See this link for more info:
http://www.keck.ucsf.edu/~mackay/psion.html#toolbar
--

----------------------+   www: http://wol.ra.phy.cam.ac.uk/mackay/
Cavendish Laboratory, |   tel: 01223-339852  fax: 354599  home: 740511

1. NEWBIE NEEDS QUICK FIX!! PLEASE

Hi all,

I just got a 5mx, when i first connected to the net with it i saved some
webpages as html files.  I could load them up again offline just by clicking
on them ( they had a Web style icon), now the icon is the one with a '?' in
it
and the file type is now unknown, allthough i can still load up the file
once i have started Web when offline.

Any ideas?

Many thanks,

2. OFX is broken by VisualAge?

3. Help needed: Fixing the battery lead

4. Microsoft Money Deluxe 2006

5. Rom Fix - maybe it will 'fix' all the whiners here as well

6. Changing SMTP in Exchange

7. Bug fixed VFRnav 3.0 for Psion 5

8. Psion and price fixing !

9. Psion 3a - hum on audio record fix?

10. Psion fixed by POS -- a good job done

11. Where can I get my Psion 5mx screen fixed?

12. IrDA Printing bug in ER5 - Can we fix it Psion??