Seeing as though the new ROM isn't out yet, here's a few last minute
additions I hope to be added!
(1) When an image (or any other object) is embedded in a Word document,
and the image is being edited in Sketch, there's no option, other than MBM
export, to save the image to a file.
(2) When viewing files in System, if there are many files, horizontal
scrolling to the right maybe needed. The Close icon then disappears off to
the left. Now to return to the parent directory the user must scroll back
to the far left before bringing the Close icon back into view. A quicker
option of going to the parent directory would be nice, as well as Cntl+F.
An extra icon on the title bar would be one way.
(3) In Sketch, There's no obvious way of creating an image larger than
the screen size. It can handle them, but not create them? Also, when a new
image is started with the toolbar on, which then is removed via the menu,
the space shown in place of the toolbar is just grey, which isn't nice to
(4) When objects/documents are password protected, an explicit option to
remove the password would be better than requiring the user to enter a
(5) In the OPL editor, the goto [procedure] button displays a list of
procedures in a window. An option of increasing the width of this window
would be nice, or at least make its default width half the screen width so
that horizontal scrolling isn't needed as much (especially when parameters
(6) Also in OPL editor. Make each procedure more distinct, either by
using a larger/bold font for the first line of each procedure, or by
breaking the program up such that each procedure is displayed by itself -
I would prefer this much more - probably the only thing I find 'better'
with VB over Delphi! At present I find myself leaving 5 or 6 blanks lines
between each procedure to make things more clear. (Fussy I know <g>)
(7) Again in the OPL editor! Having to type in every variable suffix
(such as % for integers) is a little irritating when you're used to other
languages. An 'intelligent' option of automatically adding these would be
really nice. i.e. editor recognises a variable name as its already been
declared above (with its type suffix) so on receipt of special character
(such as equals or spacebar) its suffix is automatically added!
(8) Although there are a couple of zip programs, built in zip
capabilities would be very nice.
(9) In Calculator, an additonal smaller float view (like the shareware
one!) that overlays over other apps would be very useful.
(10) Option of password/encryption for directories.
(11) General way of editing toolbar buttons by adding items from the
menu. This would be *extrememly* useful.
(12) Display of date on the analog clock. Displayed in small faint font
on clock face would be nice.
(13) RTF import/export for Word. pretty please <g>
(14) In Word, option of replacing clock on toolbar with 'pie chart' which
displays the document's word count against target number of words
(previously set by user). This would be sooooo useful.
(15) On the extras bar, a programs name could be displayed in bold to
indicate when its running - in the same way that it's done in the System
(16) Better customisation of the extras bar would be nice. Again, I know
there are utilities available to do this.