Battery Lead problem?

Post by Andrew Hodgekin » Mon, 21 Apr 1997 04:00:00

I have recently been having problems with my Psion 3 classic turning
off.  This only tends to happen when passing the device to other
people whist playing psionopoly!  I have the 'decent' battery
compartment with the divider between the two cells, and I am using
duracell powercheck batteries, and I don't think these are the
problem.  How easy is it to change the battery lead?  Is it just a
piece of wire or what?  I am reasonably adept at soldering, but how
much would it cost to have it repaired (by psion?)?

--
Andrew Hodgekins
Coventry, United Kingdom                      /\  /\/\ |__|

WWW  : http://www.users.zetnet.co.uk/amh

1. The dreaded battery lead problem

I have had the symptoms of this for a few days (batteries dying very
quickly)
and have just rung up Psion UK Customer Services to be told that there is
now a 10 charge for a new set of battery leads, and 'no sir, there is no
design
fault'

Not to put too fine a point on it, this is absolute crap - I am disgusted
with this
reaction, I can understand a charge being levied to cover costs etc, but
10 ????
to repair what is clearly a common problem is totally unacceptable.

I will attempt to repair the lead, and Psion have just lost a formerly
staunch advocate.

--
Chris Parsons
Phone   : +44-1392-382-201   Fax : +44-1392-382-488

2. DCALC registration code

3. Battery lead problem

4. POP3 client cannot send outgoing mail

5. parts to fix dreaded battery lead problem

6. DTE or DCE

7. Dreaded battery lead problem on 3c

8. MSC 6.0 command line options

9. Battery Problems - Now mains Lead ???

10. 3a battery lead connector

11. Broken battery lead

12. Help needed: Fixing the battery lead

13. Batteries With AC Lead