Help needed: Fixing the battery lead

Post by Steve Corbet » Fri, 27 Jun 1997 04:00:00

i have the dreaded battery lead problem again, and instead of sending my
beloved 3a over 3,000 kms for repair, i am thinking of doing it myself.
i have read the FAQ, it just says remove the batteries, the four screws,
and separate the battery compartment from the unit, then re-seat the
lead.
is it this simple?
once i remove the four screws will it become obvious how it comes apart
after that?

pre-thanks,
steve.

Post by Alan Rober » Fri, 27 Jun 1997 04:00:00

: i have the dreaded battery lead problem again, and instead of sending my
: beloved 3a over 3,000 kms for repair, i am thinking of doing it myself.
: i have read the FAQ, it just says remove the batteries, the four screws,
: and separate the battery compartment from the unit, then re-seat the
: lead.
: is it this simple?

Apparently, yes, it is.

: once i remove the four screws will it become obvious how it comes apart
: after that?

Again, yes. It will be obvious.

: pre-thanks,
: steve.

BTW, is there something wrong with your shift key?

--
******* Alan Roberts ******* BBC Research & Development Department *******
* My views, not necessarily Auntie's, but they might be, you never know. *

Post by T.M.West » Fri, 27 Jun 1997 04:00:00

> i have the dreaded battery lead problem again, and instead of sending my
> beloved 3a over 3,000 kms for repair, i am thinking of doing it myself.
> i have read the FAQ, it just says remove the batteries, the four screws,
> and separate the battery compartment from the unit, then re-seat the
> lead.
> is it this simple?

Yes. You need a small cross point screwdriver. Checks to nake sure the
lead wont be trapped by the spring loaded hinge mechanisum.
Quote:> once i remove the four screws will it become obvious how it comes apart
> after that?

Yes.
Tom

Quote:

--
These are my views and not my employer's.