REVO won't turn on. Please help!

Post by Paulin » Tue, 11 Sep 2001 14:12:52

I have a revo and just won't turn on. I already did both soft and hard reset
but nothing happened. How could this be fixed?

Paulina

REVO won't turn on. Please help!

Post by Erik Sandblo » Tue, 11 Sep 2001 19:37:33

Quote:> I have a revo and just won't turn on. I already did both soft and hard reset
> but nothing happened. How could this be fixed?

Have you tried charging it up for a long time? Did you charge it for at
least six hours continuously the first time (like the manual says)?

If you think a hard reset will do the trick, try it again since it's very
easy to miss the buttons. Try holding them down for ten seconds or so.

--
Erik Sandblom
EriksRailNews.com

Tact is for those who aren't witty enough to be sarcastic

Post by Han » Wed, 12 Sep 2001 00:44:33

>> I have a revo and just won't turn on. I already did both soft and hard reset
>> but nothing happened. How could this be fixed?

> Have you tried charging it up for a long time? Did you charge it for at
> least six hours continuously the first time (like the manual says)?

> If you think a hard reset will do the trick, try it again since it's very
> easy to miss the buttons. Try holding them down for ten seconds or so.

It should respond with a single beep the next time, it's turned on.
From the manual (pg 202): "If your Revo beeps twice, you have performed a
software reset".

This site gives a good explanation about the batteries:
  http://www.kevin.millican.net/Home/RevoBats.htm

My Revo didn't work anymore after some time of only working an hour or so.
After some weeks the batteries were completely empty and it worked again.
Now it's on for about 10 hours if I don't do anything. It's 14 months old.

Hans
--
Hans Bausewein  Registered Linux User #207454
The Linux Counter http://counter.li.org

REVO won't turn on. Please help!

Post by Ann » Wed, 12 Sep 2001 04:58:59

Just a thought ... but might not a lot of these battery problems be caused
by the retailers of the Revo, plugging it in for five minutes for a quick
demo?

Regards
Ann

> > I have a revo and just won't turn on. I already did both soft and hard
reset
> > but nothing happened. How could this be fixed?

REVO won't turn on. Please help!

Post by Erik Sandblo » Wed, 12 Sep 2001 05:34:48

Quote:> Just a thought ... but might not a lot of these battery problems be caused
> by the retailers of the Revo, plugging it in for five minutes for a quick
> demo?

It *must* have happened at least a few times... interesting thought!

--
Erik Sandblom
EriksRailNews.com

Tact is for those who aren't witty enough to be sarcastic

REVO won't turn on. Please help!

Post by Armindo Mirand » Wed, 12 Sep 2001 10:33:17

On Mon, 10 Sep 2001 20:58:59 +0100, "Ann"

>Just a thought ... but might not a lot of these battery problems be caused
>by the retailers of the Revo, plugging it in for five minutes for a quick
>demo?

>Regards
>Ann

Not likely! My guess is that the vast majority of Psion/Makos in the
US are purchased online - from warehouses where they would call the
police if a customer ever showed up for a quick demo... I'm pretty
sure my all-too-soon deceased Mako had never been near a retail
counter, and that may well be the case with nearly all the sick Makos
in the US.

--
armindo miranda
nyc

REVO won't turn on. Please help!

Post by David Ster » Thu, 13 Sep 2001 02:29:58

If they have to be charged six hours by the end user before first use, how can
there be any quality control?

> On Mon, 10 Sep 2001 20:58:59 +0100, "Ann"

> >Just a thought ... but might not a lot of these battery problems be caused
> >by the retailers of the Revo, plugging it in for five minutes for a quick
> >demo?

> >Regards
> >Ann

> Not likely! My guess is that the vast majority of Psion/Makos in the
> US are purchased online - from warehouses where they would call the
> police if a customer ever showed up for a quick demo... I'm pretty
> sure my all-too-soon deceased Mako had never been near a retail
> counter, and that may well be the case with nearly all the sick Makos
> in the US.

> --
> armindo miranda
> nyc

REVO won't turn on. Please help!

Post by alan smit » Wed, 12 Sep 2001 18:45:44

Quote:> If they have to be charged six hours by the end user before first use, how
can
> there be any quality control?

Sorry, just what do you think the link is between QC and end user
instructions?
QC may be at fault if the instructions are not included, if they are not
easily found it is a design/packaging/marketing issue, and if the end user
does not follow the instructions they are clearly at fault themselves.

Post by Erik Sandblo » Thu, 13 Sep 2001 08:15:07

> On Mon, 10 Sep 2001 20:58:59 +0100, "Ann"

>> Just a thought ... but might not a lot of these battery problems be caused
>> by the retailers of the Revo, plugging it in for five minutes for a quick
>> demo?

> Not likely! My guess is that the vast majority of Psion/Makos

Only a small minority of faulty revos would be enough to cause the battery
ruckus...

Quote:> in the
> US are purchased online

Very many Revos and Makos are not sold in the US, or online...

Quote:> - from warehouses where they would call the
> police if a customer ever showed up for a quick demo... I'm pretty
> sure my all-too-soon deceased Mako had never been near a retail
> counter, and that may well be the case with nearly all the sick Makos
> in the US.

I'm not one to caution against speculation, but I think your post is 100%
fluff. Are you really interested in the discussion, or do you just have an
axe to grind?