Silicon Software Club Involved in Pirating Software Article 2

Silicon Software Club Involved in Pirating Software Article 2

Post by Mediali » Fri, 30 Jul 1999 04:00:00

The following message was also received from Silicon Club who posted an
article earlier on this newsgroup to my email address. I wrote them a letter
complaining about their behaviour. Could all developers and especailly
people involved in the legal system please read it. I think you will find it
quite amusing!

I regard these as threats. I would appreciate anyone elses thoughts.

Quote:

>Oh and one other thing.

>If you are intent on a crusade to rid the world of piracy you are wasting
your time.

>Judging by the large numbers of suppliers out there you are going to be

doing a lot of e-mailing. Try >alt.binaries.warez.uk and you will find
1,000's of pirates to annoy.
Quote:

>One bit of advice though if these guys find you, you can consider your

computer system well finished.
Quote:

>All I have to do is post your name and company on the newsgroup explaining

your e-mail and I'm sure you will >have many interesting e-mails over the
next few months.
Quote:

>Be careful though because they may contain more than e-mails??????

Silicon Software Club Involved in Pirating Software Article 2

Post by Alan Clifford [email: change scatology to A » Fri, 30 Jul 1999 04:00:00

Quote:

>>One bit of advice though if these guys find you, you can consider your
>computer system well finished.

>>All I have to do is post your name and company on the newsgroup explaining
>your e-mail and I'm sure you will >have many interesting e-mails over the
>next few months.

>>Be careful though because they may contain more than e-mails??????

That one is going rather further than stealing software.  You should
contact the police.

Alan

Silicon Software Club Involved in Pirating Software Article 2

Post by Trygve Henrikse » Sat, 31 Jul 1999 04:00:00

Hello!

Quote:>>>One bit of advice though if these guys find you, you can consider your
>>computer system well finished.

Anyone touching MY computers gets flatlined...

Quote:>>>Be careful though because they may contain more than e-mails??????

So... The S5 don't have any autorun macro language, and We're running a
quite good antivirus package at the office...

Quote:>Calling the police?

Who cares about them... I have this metal BASEBALL BAT...
(Anyone reading my doc's will know that :-)
And I still remember some of my unarmed combat training from the RnAF...

--
:-)
Trygve Henriksen

1. Silicon Software Club Involved in Pirating Software Article 1

The following message was received from Silicon Club who posted an article
earlier on this newsgroup to my email address. I wrote them a letter
complaining about their behaviour. Could all developers and especailly
people involved in the legal system please read it. I think you will find it
quite amusing!

purposes only. Freedom of speech >and all that. We can say or advertise what
we like on our web site. It is not based in the UK therefore does not
a way of selling a blank CD at >reasonable profit to make some money. We are
not interested in copyright etc because ALL of our >customers would NEVER
buy the original software anyway therefore we are not depriving anybody of
any >sales or making a living. I can't think of any pirate sad enough to
want EPOC software  so you are safe there.
overcharge people for software then >there would be no piracy. I bet one of
your EPOC programs costs thousands - you are a true rip off merchant >whilst
I on the other hand provide a much needed service to predominately poor
people.
can be rest assured we will >pay you a visit. Maybe even buy some of your
precious EPOC shit from you.

hehehe ;-) Graham.

2. Sender address rewriting using virtusertable

3. Looking for software - please help [not pirated!]

4. dll files

5. Investment club software... any ideas?

6. Compatibility of Windows NT and Matlab

7. Article about software in phones

8. Marker problem

9. 3mx Software vs 3c Software

10. Psion 5 in Silicon Valley?