help linking siena to 3a

Post by Gordon Bosc » Mon, 07 Sep 1998 04:00:00

Hi all

I would like to link a Siena directly to a 3a to transfer data files on
a regular basis. I know this can be done via a PC with the serial cable,
but would like to be able to link directly between the Psions without
the PC link. I have searched the net, and can find a lot of info on
linking the psions to a PC, and to most other systems, but not to
another psion. I have also tried my local Psion agent, but they are
unable to help. Does anyone know how this can be done?

Thanks

Gordon Bosch

help linking siena to 3a

Post by Tyler Thueso » Mon, 07 Sep 1998 04:00:00

Quote:> I would like to link a Siena directly to a 3a to transfer data files on
> a regular basis. I know this can be done via a PC with the serial cable,
> but would like to be able to link directly between the Psions without
> the PC link. I have searched the net, and can find a lot of info on
> linking the psions to a PC, and to most other systems, but not to
> another psion. I have also tried my local Psion agent, but they are
> unable to help. Does anyone know how this can be done?

Just hook two PsiWin cables together with a gender adapter (and maybe a
null-modem adapter? Dunno.) and enable the Link on both machines. The other
machine's disks will become REM::M etc.
--
Tyler Thueson

1. Help! Problem linking Siena to PC

Help!

I can't get PsiWin to work with my Siena...
I did everything it says in the manual.
Link is on same rate as on the PC, chose the right com-port.
As soon as PsiWin is trying to connect I see the link picture on the
Siena start to move, but PsiWin just tells me there is no Psion!

I'm running Win98 & NT4 it doesn't work on either.

Thnx
Tristan Leichsenring

2. How do you get a sound file from BART?

3. Cost of Link for 3a - help?

4. Slow Jaz drive

5. Cost of Link for 3a - help

6. trouble setting X display to another node

7. 3-link 3a problems NEED HELP

8. Heisser TIPP !!! Carriere !!!

9. need help 3-link 3a

10. HELP! Linking a PSion 3a with a PC

11. Help sought: How to connect 3a 3-Link to new 3c?

12. Cost of Link for 3a - help?

13. Help me linking GPS and 3A