3mx Software vs 3c Software

Post by Nuno Lope » Fri, 20 Nov 1998 04:00:00

Hello there;

Please, can anyone tell me, what's the diference between 3mx Software and
 3c Software?

Thank you all

NUNO LOPES

3mx Software vs 3c Software

Post by Nick Line » Fri, 20 Nov 1998 04:00:00

None Lopes asked:

Quote:> Please, can anyone tell me, what's the diference between 3mx Software and
>  3c Software?

There is no difference, apart from a hotkey-press (Ctrl-Diamond) to
reduce speed. Even the Info menu has an "About Series 3c" entry!

Oh, and it runs quite a lot faster!

HTH,

Nick.

3mx Software vs 3c Software

Post by Tamer Catalkay » Sat, 21 Nov 1998 04:00:00

If you try to access the IrD from 3mx to print, it will take much longer
than
with the 3c. An other thing which is quite confusing, is that the manual
of
the 3mx talks about the 3c and its functions rather than of the 3mx.
Especially
the menu of the 3c for the printing is described, but if you open that
in
3mx you will see something different.

Tamer

> None Lopes asked:
> > Please, can anyone tell me, what's the diference between 3mx Software and
> >  3c Software?

> There is no difference, apart from a hotkey-press (Ctrl-Diamond) to
> reduce speed. Even the Info menu has an "About Series 3c" entry!

> Oh, and it runs quite a lot faster!

> HTH,

> Nick.

3mx Software vs 3c Software

Post by Nick Line » Sat, 21 Nov 1998 04:00:00

> If you try to access the IrD from 3mx to print, it will take much longer
> than with the 3c.

Has anyone got a comment from Psion about this? This sounds like quite a
serious bug! How about trying the IRDA print drivers that are on the
Psion website?

Anyone from Psion care to comment on this matter?

Nick.
(remove nospamm to reply)

3mx Software vs 3c Software

Post by De Haes Geer » Sat, 21 Nov 1998 04:00:00

I sent Psion several messages concerning the IR print problem with the mx.
They said:
<Kwote>

<Unkwote>

And that's not a lot.
Thank you Psion, thanks for nothing !

De Haes Geert

>> If you try to access the IrD from 3mx to print, it will take much longer
>> than with the 3c.

>Has anyone got a comment from Psion about this? This sounds like quite a
>serious bug! How about trying the IRDA print drivers that are on the
>Psion website?

>Anyone from Psion care to comment on this matter?

>Nick.
>(remove nospamm to reply)

1. EPOC vs Win CE software development & availability (was: MP3 player)

Well - currently available palmtops have such capabilities, but in
future things may look different. Note that there are at least two
software products for Windows CE, that allow MP3 playback - one
produced by Casio, and second named MP3 Hum - I don't remember the
company name, but it is bundled with Jornada 430. This is sad, because
speaking of software development the EPOC platform seems to be loosing
momentum, compared to Windows CE. I recently tried to asses the
availability of computer emulators for both systems - Win CE is better
here, with emulators of Spectrum, C64, MSX, Gameboy, Chip8, PC/XT,
Palm Pilot - while for EPOC we have only PC/XT, Spectrum and
unfinished AppleII emulator - and practically no new development
project in this area . Similar situation for compilers capable of
running on Psions and producing native code - I have not heard of C
compiler, and such beastie exists even for Palm Pilot. Most of the
quality commercial software is produced by three, maybe four companies
(most importantly Palmtop BV I think) - in Win CE field the situation
looks very different.

Of course you can always say that EPOC has JVM, but this is even more
frightening. First of all, more and more programmers switch to Java
development for Psions - but the virtual machine is slow, memory
hungry, and what is probably most important - is not embedded in
machine's ROM (maybe in future models, I know - but currently not).
Windows CE may be worse operating system, but of that what I remember
MS-DOS was also worse than CP/M 86. Not saying about Macintosh and
Windows...

Ah - by the way. And we still do not have an EPOC *palmtop* with
colour screen. I know - power requirements etc. - but when I go into
electronics store and see several WinCE models with colour screens
displayed next to Psion Series 5MX and MC218 with its gray screens -
well I do not feel well. That is not only the problem with the screens
here, but also with number of WinCE palmtop models from various
manufacturers - and remember that cloning allowed PC's win ten years
ago. I do not want this history repeated, but of that what I know we
only have three commercial EPOC palmtop devices - MC218, Series 5MX (I
do not count Revo since its also Psion product) and that organiser
from I think american company (I forgot the name). Poor Geofox
though...

Think about it :)

Piotr Gawrysiak

2. importing datas

3. Silicon Software Club Involved in Pirating Software Article 2

4. NewsTicker V2.0 for OS/2

5. Silicon Software Club Involved in Pirating Software Article 1

6. mapfile

7. Does 3MX software work in a REVO or 5MX?

8. Looking for Software 3mx

9. Psion 3MX setup software

10. New 3mx - any recommendations for essential software

11. MC518 vs 5MX vs Revo vs 5

12. Psion vs. Geofox vs. eMate vs. Windows Ce