Broken battery lead

Post by Tom Kristens » Sat, 19 Sep 1998 04:00:00

It finally happened - the battery lead of my Psion 3A broke after
several years of faithful service. I live in Norway, and the
Norwegian importer offered to repair it for 700 NOK or a bit more
than 50 pounds. Having a recipy for doing it myself, and seeing
that it shouldn't be a difficult operation with the correct spare
part(s) I wonder if anybody could point me to somewhere where I can
buy the lead with white plastic connector and other necessary stuff.
The Norwegian importer refused to sell it to me.

Tom

Broken battery lead

Post by David Farran » Sat, 19 Sep 1998 04:00:00

I had several break on my 3a and I obtained the new leads directly from
Psion. They charged me 5 and as you say, it is not difficult to fit. Try
phoning Psion or contact them via their site.

David Farrant

>It finally happened - the battery lead of my Psion 3A broke after
>several years of faithful service. I live in Norway, and the
>Norwegian importer offered to repair it for 700 NOK or a bit more
>than 50 pounds. Having a recipy for doing it myself, and seeing
>that it shouldn't be a difficult operation with the correct spare
>part(s) I wonder if anybody could point me to somewhere where I can
>buy the lead with white plastic connector and other necessary stuff.
>The Norwegian importer refused to sell it to me.

>Tom

Broken battery lead

Post by Simon Wat » Sat, 26 Sep 1998 04:00:00

G'day Tom,

When the same happened on my faithful 3a 512 after 3 years of daily
grind, I ordered a new lead (exorbitant price of A$35 plus postage)from
the local distributors (I also took the opportunity to replace the
keyboard overlay as mine had long lost the ink from many keys).  While
waiting I disassembled the little *, found some fine wire and
resoldered into existing terminators.  Not very elegant, a bit fiddly,
but 100% effective.
When the lead arrived I was surprised to discover it came attached to a
shiny new battery case and cover. I was quite pleased and assume it'll
be good for another 3 years.  I'll probably have traitored and bought a
5 before then...

Cheers, Simon

PS this content is all entirely my fault and no blame should be
attributed to Unisys :-)

> It finally happened - the battery lead of my Psion 3A broke after
> several years of faithful service. I live in Norway, and the
> Norwegian importer offered to repair it for 700 NOK or a bit more
> than 50 pounds. Having a recipy for doing it myself, and seeing
> that it shouldn't be a difficult operation with the correct spare
> part(s) I wonder if anybody could point me to somewhere where I can
> buy the lead with white plastic connector and other necessary stuff.
> The Norwegian importer refused to sell it to me.

> Tom

Broken battery lead

Post by JRoddis6 » Wed, 30 Sep 1998 04:00:00

Try Pinnock Organiser Services Ltd at:

I had same problem 6 months ago and they charged 12 for one lead.

Regards
Martin

1. Battery Problems - Now mains Lead ???

A couple a weeks ago I sent a post about my P5 popping up with a message to
replace the backup battery (the lithium battery)

after trying all kinds of things to rectify the problem, and of course no
luck, I plugged in the mains lead thinking that when the AA bateries get low
I would plug in the mains adapter and while it was on change the aa
batteries...

To my suprise when I plug the mains adapter in, It now tells me the backup
battery is good even when I dont have one in, also it say the external power
is not present, when the little green light is on.

so of course if i take the AA bateries out the machine goes off..

Can anyone suggest anything...

Justin

2. please help! PSION 5 problem! Backup Battery

3. 3a battery lead connector

4. NetMeeting with AOL

5. Help needed: Fixing the battery lead

6. Q:How to DETAB source files?

7. Batteries With AC Lead

8. Make a fortune in Internet

9. Battery Lead problem?

10. The dreaded battery lead problem

11. Battery lead problem

12. parts to fix dreaded battery lead problem

13. Dreaded battery lead problem on 3c