MacSys Date Macro

Post by Dave Toze » Fri, 07 Mar 1997 04:00:00

Hi,
        Could someone mail me the final solution for the change of date format
returned from the MacSys Data macro.  It was discusses sometime at the
begining of the week, but for some reason I lost the OPL snipit.

yours  davet.

MacSys Date Macro

Post by Les Bessan » Fri, 07 Mar 1997 04:00:00

| Hi,
|       Could someone mail me the final solution for the change of date format
| returned from the MacSys Data macro.  It was discusses sometime at the
| begining of the week, but for some reason I lost the OPL snipit.

Hello

Well, the way I did it initially was to use the OPL mid$ function to
extract the date, month and year from the datim$ "Thu 06 Mar 1997 17:35"
output, then use a load of IF..ELSEIFs to turn "Jan" into "January" and so
on.

I then took a better look at the manual and found I could save a few steps
by using the day, month and year functions (which all return integers).
Then a VECTOR to process the month number into a month name, then turn the
numbers into strings and glue them (metaphorically) together.

As soon as I get myself organised (ie transfer macro source from Psion to
my PC to floppy disk to this isolated net access PC), I'll either post the
source in comp.psion.apps or mail it to anyone who asks (three requests so
far).

If anyone comes up with a more elegant solution, please let me know!

Les Bessant

MacSys Date Macro

Post by Les Bessan » Sat, 08 Mar 1997 04:00:00

| As soon as I get myself organised...

I have now posted instructions and attached the macro source code in
comp.sys.psion.apps

Les Bessant

MacSys Date Macro

Post by Mark Goodso » Thu, 13 Mar 1997 04:00:00

Less

I'd be interested in a copy as well please!

Cheers
Mark

--
Mark Goodson

Turnpike evaluation. For information, see http://www.turnpike.com/

1. MACSYS macro (for Oliver Garcia)

Oliver (couldn't reply to your e-mail address...),

I've attached a zip file containing a spreadsheet, a data file and a macro;
put each in its relevant place and install the macro in the usual way ( I've
used control-a as the hot key).  To use the macro, first add any direct
debits to the data file, setting applied to Y or N for each direct debit
accordingly (applied set to N means the direct debit has not yet been
applied).  Copy the spreadsheet template to a new file (I use the name of
the month), open it and then launch the macro. From the dialog, select 'New
month' and the spreadsheet will be initialised for the month.  To apply any
direct debits for the day, select 'Apply direct debits' and to add a
transaction select 'Transaction'.

If you have any questions or suggestions on how the macro could be improved,
let me know.  I will (hopefully!) improve the macro over time so that things
such as directly switching to data to maintain the direct debits is
available.  One area which has not been explored is proper error handling,
so if the macro fails, just switch on the log.

Austin Mitchell

2. Pinball Fantasies Patch

3. Macsys: collection of macros?

4. Boot Manager & 850 meg Seagate w/E-Z Drive

5. Macsys macros collection

6. WTB: Ethernet Cards

7. ExAb Abbreviation Extender Macro for MacSys

8. IMG Scan+HP DeskJet = Incompatibilities??

9. MacSys macro to turn link on - help anyone please?

10. Macsys Macros - is there a web page anywhere?

11. Macsys macros collection

12. Date macro

13. Date Macro?