Help with faulty serial link please

Post by John Hell » Fri, 14 Mar 1997 04:00:00

When I try and connect my 3a to my PC I get the message
REMOTE LINK IS NOT PLUGGED IN
Though it is in fact plugged in.

I tried opening the GPS moving map option in Mapper 3a ( which require the serial link to be connected) and it quite happily accepted that the link was plugged in.

What has happened? Any suggestions would be gratefully received. My PC is feeling very lonely without its guiding influence!

Thanks in anticipation.
John

Post by Ian Pens » Wed, 19 Mar 1997 04:00:00

>When I try and connect my 3a to my PC I get the message
>REMOTE LINK IS NOT PLUGGED IN
>Though it is in fact plugged in.
>I tried opening the GPS moving map option in Mapper 3a ( which require the serial link to be connected)
>and it quite happily accepted that the link was plugged in.
>What has happened? Any suggestions would be gratefully received.
>My PC is feeling very lonely without its guiding influence!

I have this problem with my (quite old) link. I think my problem is a
dodgy connection as it seems to turn on and off when it is wiggled !!!

I always have the status screen showing in System so I can see the
little zig-zag. I find that the SSD symbols dissappear if the link is
dodgy.

Ian P
http://homepages.enterprise.net/ianpenson/index.htm
for useful Audio and Psion stuff!

1. Help wanted please: serial Link Mac & PC, for the Psion3C, operate?

Last year my serial link for my 3C was stolen. I was able recently to buy a
new link for 2 dollar (!) but its a MAC link, and I have PC.

My question is how do I make this MAC link work on my PC, just to be clear,
its a RS232 serial interface.
Can I just buy a MAC-PC serial connector and use the McLink software, still
on my PC or do I have to operate?

Many thanks for you help,

Wim van den Groenendaal

If its no trouble, could you send a mail to me instead of answering to this
newsgroup? thanks

2. Wanted +3 disk drive belts

3. Please Serial Link -> Modem schema?

4. mapped drives remain disconnected

5. PLEASE HELP IN PROGRAMMING PSION WORKABOUT FOR SERIAL COMMUNICATIONS URGENT!!

6. Need interface for Microsoft Mouse

7. 3c serial lock out. PLEASE HELP

8. Paper Scanning and File Formats

9. PLEASE HELP - The WIN98 InfraRed comm. problem (serial RS232 <--> IrDA)

10. please help me with serial ports!

11. PLEASE HELP IN PROGRAMMING PSION WORKABOUT FOR SERIAL COMMUNICATIONS URGENT!!

12. Psion Serial Link cable ....HELP!!!!!!

13. Serial cable trouble PLEASE HELP ME!!!