Macsys

Post by Robert J Lethbridg » Tue, 06 Oct 1998 04:00:00

Anyone know of any good sites for macros for Macsys, The author's site
doesn't appear to accessible.

Macsys

Post by Brian Ritchie - remove 'no f***ing junk' acronym to rep » Wed, 07 Oct 1998 04:00:00

Quote:> Anyone know of any good sites for macros for Macsys, The author's site
> doesn't appear to accessible.

Perhaps there are some macros alongside the copy of MacSys on the Imperial
College ftp site?

(For more details see an earlier post of mine either here on on .misc).

--
Dr. Brian Ritchie, W3 Group, Rutherford Appleton Laboratory, UK
    <http://www.dci.clrc.ac.uk/Person.asp?B.Ritchie>

1. Help for MacSys on an S3a...? (And, is the MacSys link dead?)

[I tried to reply to you, but got a "Sorry we do not relay"/"service
unavailable" error.  Luckily, I had a copy of what I sent.  Here it is...]

You can't open multiple copies of an app on the same document.  You can
open multiple copies on *different* documents (I would have binned my
Psion if it wouldn't do this!)

I've not used MacSys (or indeed a 3a) for a long time, but I think this
is pretty trivial.  Certainly, I'd no problem setting up macros that
opened my address DB etc. or just switched to it if it was already open;
this is the default behaviour for one of the builtin functions.
In fact, I don't have a macro to do this, so I'm pretty sure it was
just some kind of key assignment in MacSys (been so long, I can't
remember much about it at all!)

Oh, apparently it's not quite as I remembered.  A quick trawl through
my ancient S3a backup suggests that this might work:

PROC macro: rem switch to CDs DB
        if Fil2Pid%:( "cds.dbf" ) = 0 rem is the file cds.dbf open?
            RunApp:( "data", "cds.dbf" ) rem if not, start Data on it
        endif
        UseFile:( "cds.dbf" ) rem make it the "current" file for this macro
        ToFront: rem look at it
ENDP rem of macro "switch to CDs"

(This came from a macro to "do things" to my CD database. Can't help
suspecting that it's overkill; but maybe that's because Macro5 does things
a little differently...)

I've not seen a similar site elsewhere.  The Imperial College FTP site
has a directory of macros, possibly under the "utils" directory.

--
Dr. Brian Ritchie, W3 Group, Rutherford Appleton Laboratory, UK
    <http://www.dci.clrc.ac.uk/Person.asp?B.Ritchie>

2. enterpriseSpecific Traps

3. Manual or Docu for MACSYS ???

4. Cash Balance for Investment Account

5. MACSYS macro (for Oliver Garcia)

6. LEI 3.1- worth it?

7. Looking for Macsys home page

8. MACSYS and files

9. "MACSYS 2.0 on the Siena" v1.0

10. 3c & MACSYS

11. MACSYS 2.0 runs on Siena, just ...

12. macsys compatability problems with 3C?