MacSys help needed!

Post by Ajai Khatt » Thu, 26 Feb 1998 04:00:00

>Would be really glad to get info - or an example, yes please! - on how to
>write a macro that quits my applicatons but first checks if they are active.
>My own macro programming is on pretty basic level.. :-)

What's wrong with SHIFT PSION A from the System screen?

Regards,
--

Palmtop Consultant

MacSys help needed!

Post by Brian Ritchie - remove 'no f***ing junk' acronym to rep » Thu, 26 Feb 1998 04:00:00

> >Would be really glad to get info - or an example, yes please! - on how to
> >write a macro that quits my applicatons but first checks if they are active.
> >My own macro programming is on pretty basic level.. :-)

> What's wrong with SHIFT PSION A from the System screen?

Perhaps Niiiilo wants to leave some apps open; in which case JBStopGo
(on the 3a/c) might be a better bet.  It can be configured to leave
particular apps running, and (IIRC) can be set to *not* turn the link
on/off.  Once configured, the first run of JBStopGo will close all apps
(apart from any it's configured not to close); the second run will open
those that it remembered closing.

--
Dr. Brian Ritchie, W3 Group, Rutherford Appleton Laboratory, UK
    <http://www.dci.clrc.ac.uk/Person.asp?B.Ritchie>

1. MacSys macro to turn link on - help anyone please?

I've installed the MacSys macro program on my S3c. One of the example
macros I've installed turns on the Psion-PC link using a certain key
combination without having to go back to the system screen and use the
main menu (Psion-L).

I know that MacSys, and probably the examples too, were originally
written for the S3a. The problem I have is that when I execute the macro
it looks like it's turned the link on, but hasn't really: PsiWin sits
there with an "establish conenction to Psion" message for a long time
then fails saying that I should check the link settings. When I do check
the link settings, using Psion-L from the system screen, all seems well,
(speed is correct, etc.). If I turn off the link then turn it on
properly from the system screen (not using the macro) then it all works
fine.

The macro simply consist of the following:

PROC macro :
if LinkOff :
  LinkOn :
endif
ENDP

Anyone know what I may have to do to get this macro working on my S3c?

2. Q: Wireless Network?

3. Help for MacSys on an S3a...? (And, is the MacSys link dead?)

4. Xbox rulez...

5. NEED HELP PLEASE HELP ME

6. SAP Jobs

7. Still wanted: VF Patch cords

8. PEASE HELP PEASE HELP PEASE HELP PEASE HELP PEASE HELP

9. Manual or Docu for MACSYS ???

10. MACSYS macro (for Oliver Garcia)

11. Macsys

12. Looking for Macsys home page