Show All Menu Items

Post by John_Stanow.. » Fri, 30 Jan 2009 02:37:09

I'm often startled to open a menu to find the item I'm looking for not there. I often forget menu items in CS4 are now "hidden". I could understand how this feature might be useful if, say, half the menu items were cleared out to make it easier and quicker to find oft used items, but you're only hiding a few. The extra step to reveal just a few more items seems odd. I never thought it was a good idea to hide things. New users, especially, may have trouble developing an awareness of the lay of the land. I'm also confused about some of the choices about which items to hide. Why on Earth would the CMYK color mode be hidden? :)

Show All Menu Items

Post by Chris_.. » Fri, 30 Jan 2009 07:02:35

Menu items are not hidden unless you tell Photoshop to hide them. The default is to show all menu items. The only way menu items get hidden is if you select a workspace that has menu items hidden, or go into the settings and hide items yourself.

Show All Menu Items

Post by T._Schm.. » Sun, 01 Feb 2009 04:51:54

Hey Chris, quick question regarding the hidden Adjustment Layer dialogs (by default). Is there any possibility that you will allow us to use them as the standard instead of the Adjustment Panel? So that when I click on the Layer I get the old dialog and old functionality and speed?

The AP has gotted bad feedback by pro users on this forum. I think it will become better in the future but for now I'd prefer to have a choice instead of being forced to use it. Actually not just for now. I think I deserve to have a choice. What makes Ps great is that there are many ways to do something, not just one. Many users don't like icons all over the app including me.

Show All Menu Items

Post by Mark_Reyno.. » Sun, 01 Feb 2009 09:36:07

waiting with bated breath, Did you HAVE to ask that question directly T? Chances are by the time they get round to CS5, hopefully 2 years away, they will have realised the error of their ways.

Show All Menu Items

Post by T._Schm.. » Sun, 01 Feb 2009 21:37:28

Hagakure taught me, that the direct way is usually the best. Why wait for CS5 when a small update could make CS4 almost perfect?

1. Show all menu items

Hello all,

Over the years Photoshop has shown a great delight in, about once ever month or two, resetting itself to factory defaults. Now I notice it has taken to hiding a lot of my menu items and I have to click 'Show all menu items' every time I open a menu. Most frustrating. And I can't find a way to force the blighter to do the decent thing and keep on showing me all the menu options. Can anyone tell me how to do this as the help files are less than forthcoming.

Thanks all,

Phil

2. Flash buttons on insert record form

3. Show All Menu Items - On all the time

4. Batch job ?

5. Show all Menu items

6. Repeat region

7. Show all menu-items?!?

8. NETSCAPE LOAD TIME

9. Colors of pull-down menu and menu items

10. GoLive CS2 Mac - Centering a dropdown menu and the menu items still lining up correctly

11. Context Menu menu items Language Independent names

12. Plugin development- disable Save, Save As sub menu items in File menu

13. Newbie -CFML - Multiple items shown in Dynamic Menu - I only want one occurance of each to show in Menu