layer comps to files - flat

Post by MacWri.. » Thu, 12 Feb 2009 08:14:55

request for script > layer comps to files -

option for tif files to be flattened, RGB formats will flatten the images but no workaround for CMYK within the script.

layer comps to files - flat

Post by Chris_.. » Thu, 12 Feb 2009 08:30:48

It's a script - you can modify it as much as you like...

layer comps to files - flat

Post by MacWri.. » Thu, 12 Feb 2009 08:53:52

      It's a script - you can modify it as much as you like...

no problem, but it's a pretty basic function that should be included in the standard script.

layer comps to files - flat

Post by Chris_.. » Thu, 12 Feb 2009 12:06:29

Everybody has different things that they thing belong in the script, and if all of them were put in we'd get complaints about it being too complicated and too slow.
That's why it's a script - so you can change it to do what you like.

layer comps to files - flat

Post by MacWri.. » Thu, 12 Feb 2009 12:16:10

OK you win.

got any tips on the easiest way to add flatten tifs to the script?

layer comps to files - flat

Post by christoph_pfaffenbich.. » Sat, 14 Feb 2009 23:01:27

MacWright, You could try inserting

tiffSaveOptions.layers = false;

after line 709, if You want the tiffs flattened all the time.
If You want the option in the dialog well, thats a bit too steep for my skills.
But the Scripting Forum has a couple of regulars who might be able to help You there.

layer comps to files - flat

Post by MacWri.. » Sat, 14 Feb 2009 23:16:29

many thanks!!!

layer comps to files - flat

Post by MacWri.. » Sun, 15 Feb 2009 02:04:47

Hi Christoph

it worked great, I appreciate you taking the time to help out.

best regards

layer comps to files - flat

Post by christoph_pfaffenbich.. » Tue, 17 Feb 2009 16:52:58

Youre welcome.
The flattening could probably also be achieved in the duplication-step, but with a Script as voluminous as that You might get more competent help in the Scripting Forum.

layer comps to files - flat

Post by MacWri.. » Tue, 17 Feb 2009 23:00:37

      You might get more competent help

it got the job done so it was more than competent!

in case anyone else is following along the other minor change that I made was to the naming. It makes sense to keep the layer comp name and not necessary to add the default sequence prefix for my purposes, so replacing lines 190,191 with the following fixes that problem.

//fileNameBody += "_" + zeroSuppress(compsIndex, 4);
                fileNameBody = compRef.name;

(there's probably a more correct way but this did the trick)

in it's original form the script is fine for rgb output, animation etc., the end result from this change and Christoph's solution is that the script becomes a viable component within a CMYK workflow.

regards j