straighten lines feature for architecture

straighten lines feature for architecture

Post by Steve_Zavo.. » Wed, 18 Mar 2009 01:33:40

We are always needing to straighten out lines in architectural shots.
Lens have warps and distortion. What we need is the ability to perhaps put control points on lines, and then the lines straighten out.
Or perhaps a grid like vanishing point, and the building lines snap to it.
Can this work for curvature too?

straighten lines feature for architecture

Post by Mark_Reyno.. » Sun, 22 Mar 2009 22:25:03

Have you tried the Lens Correction filter? This has a grid. Also the transform functions in Photoshop (distort) work extremely well with guides.

1. REPOST? Straighten lines?

I've searched the manual, but can't find a quick solution. Is there an auto
straightening action that will take a line of multiple points and smooth it
to right angles on 45 and 90 degree axis?

Is there a smooth tool that will automatically take a poorly drawn circle
and turn it into a smooth one?

Flash 4 has this capability... but can't find a similar method in Freehand.

Thanks

Jeff
Jefferis Peterson, Pres.
Web Design and Marketing
410 Woodland Ave.

ICQ 19112253

2. insert date into table

3. Smooth, Straighten, and Ink Trouble

4. Changing font color

5. Pencil sticking in straighten mode

6. Ultradev trial freezes up when maximized

7. straighten out align crooked scanned images, how to?

8. PlayJam - Play this way

9. Straighten images

10. How to straighten 45 pages?

11. Automate Crop Straighten - does not work, poor result

12. straighten scanned text

13. Action Question (Crop/Straighten/Save)