Resetting Smart Objects

Post by Mark_Reyno.. » Tue, 10 Mar 2009 22:43:44

Since no-one else seems to have done this. I seem to remember making this request once before, but here goes again

? The ability to take Smart Object Transform values back to their default (the original resolution of the embedded object). A simple control click on the Smart Object with the option "Reset Smart Object" would do. Or "None"

I will also add to this one other Smart Object feature request also made previously -

? The ability to show in the layers panel, Smart Objects that are linked Instances of each other - so that these are easily distinguishable by icon, from Smart Objects that are independent objects.

Resetting Smart Objects

Post by Chris_.. » Wed, 11 Mar 2009 06:13:37

Well, I was hoping you'd use the bug/feature report web page - but hopefully my helpful friends in QE or Tech Support will see this and file the request in our database. (... because I already wrote the code and need a request in the database to check it in)

1. Are smart objects not so smart when dealing with space

I was very excited to start using smart objects, but was very disappointed when I found out that it is not so smart on space. What I mean is this. I used the "place" feature to add a raw file (.nef in this case) and I wanted to duplicate it, brighten one of them with an adjustment layer and combine it with itself to highlight certain areas. Anyway, regardless, before I even tried the adjustment layer, I duplicated the smart object and noticed that my file size doubled! I thought smart objects were supposed to "reference" a file only and not bring it in as another "full" copy of the image.

Bummer:(

2. text entry question

3. JSP/Smart Database Objects Extension Problem

4. PDF import in CS2 is lousy

5. Smart Database Objects Question

6. site problems in NS

7. Smart Objects

8. Transfer Connection data to new computer

9. imageReady = destroy Smart Objects

10. Where do Smart Objects go?

11. linked (and editable) masks for smart objects?

12. Smart objects not working as expected, is this normal

13. Smart Objects in CMYK converted to rich black