Convert paths to guide and back again

Post by progr.. » Thu, 12 Feb 2009 20:28:06

Please, just like AI can.

Convert paths to guide and back again

Post by Mark_Reyno.. » Thu, 12 Feb 2009 22:25:07

Why?

Convert paths to guide and back again

Post by christoph_pfaffenbich.. » Fri, 13 Feb 2009 00:43:46

Well, the feature is certainly not high up my list, but if one does montages for non-rectangular forms or if one has to consider folds or billboard-sheets it might be beneficial.
Using paths, solid-color-layers or alpha-channels just doesnt seem so convenient for marking that stuff sometimes.

Convert paths to guide and back again

Post by Mark_Reyno.. » Fri, 13 Feb 2009 02:31:25

Deja Vu, feel I've been here before with the same people

Convert paths to guide and back again

Post by progr.. » Fri, 13 Feb 2009 20:11:39

So, why's it a big deal?

Producing CG of packaging often involves recreating vector artwork in raster, including all the special effects. And aligning it can be a real trick under certain circumstances.

There's also several times where I want to align/snap something to that isn't a straight line.

Convert paths to guide and back again

Post by Mari.. » Sun, 15 Feb 2009 18:50:06

Yes yes yes.
I'have also to be able to patch layer to enable or disable the option works as a guide.
Honestly, I thought that this is finally in the Cs4

1. Changing Guide Layers/Paths along the timeline.....

Hello Everybody...

The problem is the following: I have this preloader where i want some
objects to follow a particular path. And the path should grow in a
particular way as the movie is being loaded. So the objects will have a
bigger path as the movie is loaded.
The problem is this: I cannot target a layer's guide. I also cannot change
the path into a movieclip, because the objects will cease to use it as a
guide. Is there any way to do this?

Thanks in advance...
T.

2. PageMaker Version 3

3. Complex guide paths...

4. what is shockwave audio file

5. Video Paths....an idiots guide!

6. Object in front of movie

7. Convert user guide from RH X5 into PDF

9. i'm sorry - dsn-less paths again

10. EMBED FONT VS CONVERT TO PATHS

11. Convert Relative/Absolute Paths Site-Wide

12. Convert JPG to Smooth Paths

13. how to convert text to forms/paths?