Not quite a "feature" request but... Select all text within a field

Not quite a "feature" request but... Select all text within a field

Post by v6v.. » Sat, 14 Mar 2009 02:50:18

It'd be nice to be able to select-all using the command-A shortcut when in fields like those in the panels or bars. For example, when editing the fields to transform an object or when trying to change text size.

Thanks!

Not quite a "feature" request but... Select all text within a field

Post by Mark_Reyno.. » Sun, 22 Mar 2009 22:37:38

In the days on mac OS9, it used to work like this. You could command A while in a field. Now you have to double click within the field to select all numeric values, its quite quick and is better actually than command A.

For resizing text, look at the scrubby sliders, available by moving the mouse over the Tt icon. Also after selecting the text (double clicking the T icon in the layers panel is a quick way to select all text on a layer), try the shortcut Command/Shift/period and comma. Add shift to this to resize selected text in larger increments.

Not quite a "feature" request but... Select all text within a field

Post by v6v.. » Mon, 23 Mar 2009 02:02:19

Thanks Mark, those are some good shortcuts (a couple known to me, others newly learned). BTW, came across another shortcut which I may make use of, too--double-clicking the Tt icon selects both the font size and the unit type which seems useful in avoiding the occasional mis-click.

So do you have any idea why the command-A shortcut was removed from the input fields? It's such a standard convention along with the shortcuts for cut, paste, quit, etc. that I'm surprised it was removed.

Not quite a "feature" request but... Select all text within a field

Post by Mark_Reyno.. » Tue, 24 Mar 2009 02:46:14

Its an OS thing I think - OSX works differently. I think its quicker to double click the field or within the input box. Command A, is used for other things, selects the whole canvas area. I set Command/Option/A to select all layers in the layers panel. When you get really experienced you find there are not enough shortcut combinations available anyway, so assigning them in the most efficient way is pretty important.

1. Request.ServerVariables("URL"), but not quite

Hi All,

I'm trying to extract the URL using Request.ServerVariables("URL"), however,
instead of it returning something like:
archives/homepages/full/index.asp

I want to get:
mocks/archives/homepages/full/

I'm trying to extract just the path to the current page, sans the actual
page including any URL parameters.  So, if the URL is:
archives/homepages/full/index.asp   or
archives/homepages/full/index.asp?show=none   or
archives/homepages/full/index.asp?id=43&case=closed

I only want to return:
archives/homepages/full/

I've used the Replace function to extract the file name successfully,
however, if there are any URL parameters, it throws everything off since I
haven't stripped out the URL parameter as well.... and there are several
different possible parameters.

Any ideas here

--

   __o
 _-\<,

"When you find your passion, it's easy to be illogical" - me

Dreamweaver FAQ & Resource List
http://www.dreamweaverfaq.com

2. a javascript question, for ppl who know it well :)

3. Feature Request - Select Start Frame for Static GIFs

4. Adobe RGB images that open as Untagged RGB in PSE

5. (cfoutput query within [select control w/conditional "if"]) within cfloop

6. Magical Space from nowhere

7. "Select All" for Non-Text Field

8. other objects propertys names

9. onRoll - hilight a "word" within a dyn text field

10. Request for a new feature - Site "collapse all" button

11. Hyperlinks within a "getNetText" text field

12. Feature request: Importing text

13. "Could not complete your request because of a program error" during text selection