Painterly Brushes

Post by ArtJu.. » Thu, 05 Mar 2009 07:11:02

I just received CS4 and once again I would like to submit my request for
the ability to load brushes with multiple colors. I would also love to
be able to use a brush with natural brush affects like oil, charcoal,
pencil and perhaps watercolors.

Why not compete with Painter?

Anyways, I think it's time to add this.

Painterly Brushes

Post by Mark_Reyno.. » Sat, 07 Mar 2009 11:52:35

Yes I agree, developing dynamic "painting layers" would be a great addition. Allowing interactive smudge type blending on a layer. With settings like 'Viscosity' for oil type behaviour, and 'transparency blend' for Watercolour type effects. Interactive 'Dryness' settings maybe. Now we've moved into Open GL, and looking at what people are doing in Pixel Bender already.

These could be single layers with this feature enabled, a simple control click on the layer and then "convert to Canvas Layer". You could outdo Painter by a long way.

This needless to say could be a new feature in Standard not Extended.

1. Painterly Quality of Flash?

E-mail them and ask how they did it. Most people are flattered to have their
work appreciated and are willing to share.
Also take a look at the Flash Studio and New Masters books by Friends of ED.
http://www.friendsofed.com

http://www.madmousergraphics.com
web design, print design, photography

2. FreeHand 9 and FlightCheck 3.79

3. Painterly strokes?

4. Sonic Foundry Time Stretch

5. Brushes wont display - cannot open new brushes

6. How can i use "<,>" in cfquery

7. brushes options missing from the brushes palette in CS3

8. Slice graph tool or plugin?

9. "Painterly" Brush Strokes

10. Creating a fine art "painterly" effect

11. Can't use brushes after re-install -Could not load the brushes because the file is not compatible wi

12. Brushes appear as inverted box

13. New brushes for Flash