Spot Channel Suggestion

Post by Donald_Mitch.. » Sat, 14 Mar 2009 06:07:14

I have been here many times requesting a rewrite of how spot channels work in Photoshop. For a long time I was thinking along the lines of spot channel layers etc etc. A simpler answer dawned on me the other day, that would probably entail a lot less programming. Why not allow control over any spot channels in a document via a channel mixer adjustment layer? What I mean is, when you added a channel mixer adjustment layer to a layer, as well as having control over the normal CMYK channels, you would also have sliders for any spot colours contained in the document. That way you could have many different layers with masks or vector masks, with total control over which inks would make up that layer. After working this week on another very complex packaging job involving multiple spot inks, and cursing Photoshop's name, this solution came to me in a Eureka moment. I get e*d just thinking about it!

Spot Channel Suggestion

Post by T._Schm.. » Mon, 16 Mar 2009 10:27:00

And would that also knock out the area in all other Layers/Channels?

Spot Channel Suggestion

Post by Mike_Ornel.. » Wed, 01 Apr 2009 04:53:47

Why not just add a feature to a color fill layer and have it mapped to a spot channel like I requested 4 years ago.

1. spot channel hassle

does this happen with any of youse cats?...and is there a workaround or
solution?

when i expand a group of layers in the layers tab, for some reason all spot
channels I've created that were 'turned off' now become visible.

I'm using CS2 with Vista

thanks in advance, - handsome john

2. ASCII

3. Pantone (spot channel) text with Layer styles?

4. Masks Over Device Fonts, Why not?

5. tint spot color channel?

6. How can I do this.......

7. Paste layer into spot channel

8. Problem with to set an action with The Circle LED Button

9. EPS files with spot channel appear pixelated in ID

10. Where is my spot color channel?

11. How to apply effects to Spot color channel

12. Spot Channel question... Perhaps for Ann?

13. Spot Color Channel in a PS File