duplicate group/folder should maintain the visibility settings of the contents.

duplicate group/folder should maintain the visibility settings of the contents.

Post by MacWri.. » Wed, 18 Mar 2009 21:54:50

I don't know if I've reposted this since CS3 but I thought I'd toss it out again.

duplicating a group/folder should not activate visibility of layers that are turned off. Visibility settings remain if you duplicate to a new document but duplicating within the same document turns all visibility on.

thx

duplicate group/folder should maintain the visibility settings of the contents.

Post by christoph_pfaffenbich.. » Wed, 18 Mar 2009 22:46:44

Well, I cant reproduce that behaviour, duplicating maintains the original visibility settings here (in Photoshop 11.0.1 on OSX 10.4.11).

duplicate group/folder should maintain the visibility settings of the contents.

Post by MacWri.. » Wed, 18 Mar 2009 23:12:59

Hi Christoph,

sorry I just tried to recreate the problem too and it works now?

when it occurred it was repeatable, I even made a duplicate to a new file and dragged it to the destination and the visibility was enabled for all of the contained files.... but it's OK now.

oh well on to next ....

thanks

duplicate group/folder should maintain the visibility settings of the contents.

Post by MacWri.. » Thu, 26 Mar 2009 05:59:48

I finally uncovered the mystery of the visibility uncloaking.

If I have a folder that contains layers that are not-visible and linked, and then I duplicate this folder the layers become visible.

not sure if this is an intended result?

ps 11.0.1

duplicate group/folder should maintain the visibility settings of the contents.

Post by MacWri.. » Thu, 26 Mar 2009 21:06:40

I'm sorry that this thread started in the feature request area.... (mod-feel free to move or delete)

... any layer that is linked and invisible, becomes visible if it is duplicated. It is not dependent upon it being contained in a folder.