Open Ai files with layers as separatly layers in PSD as smart obejcts.

Post by Mari.. » Sun, 15 Feb 2009 18:45:34

Open Ai files with layers as separatly layers in PSD as smart obejcts.

As Ae opens PSD files. Often a project on the layers in A and then to improve it in the PS and the function of such a speed that work.

Open Ai files with layers as separatly layers in PSD as smart obejcts.

Post by Chris_.. » Tue, 17 Feb 2009 06:45:14

We can't. The AI compositing model is too different from the Photoshop compositing model.
Also, we don't have any information about AI's layers - that's all AI specific data. All we see is the composited PDF/EPS document.

Your best bet is to export a layered PSD from AI.

Open Ai files with layers as separatly layers in PSD as smart obejcts.

Post by Mari.. » Tue, 17 Feb 2009 15:36:44

I understand. Thank you for clarifying.
You export to PSD of course know, it creates an additional file.
But thats the very little problem but many times that saved me time for opening and saving to PSD Ai.
But better this than nothing.

1. Printing ID2 file with multiple layers/links to .psd and .ai files

So, I am trying to print a ID2 document that has multiple layers (apporximately a dozen), with 4 or 5 turned on (visible). On some of those layers I have .psd files and .ai files, each containing transparency. When I go to print, the flattening process takes forever... and I do mean forever (30 minutes or so).

Have I stretched InDesign as far as it will go? Is my computer too slow?

(I am running Mac OS 10.3.2 on a 450 MHz PowerPC G4. 1GB of SDRAM)

2. DW3 - Cannot Connect To Server [ FTP ]

3. Export layers in PSD as separate JPG files?

4. How can a person display or call a sprite that is determined by a sprite being used, but witout switching sprite members or spriteNum

5. Layers in PSD-files within ID

6. Adding Fonts ??

7. Partially Locked Layers in Vue 5 Infinite Multi-Pass PSD files

8. Check a New Site

9. .psd files and text layers

10. Import a layered PSD file...stopped importing the layers (no folder in Project files)

11. Need a script to place wmf-files automically to layers of ai-file.

12. Cannot open *.ai files from AI 10 in AI CS

13. PS CS cannot open any of my files with text layers from 7.0