Netscape sound plug-ins

Post by Peter Feldman » Thu, 06 Mar 1997 04:00:00

I'm using Netscape 2.02 with OS/2 Warp and am looking for sound apps to
play various sound files enclountered on the web.   There seems to be very
little on netscape's home page.  Can anyone direct me to other places to
look?

TIA

_Peter

Peter Feldmann      *       Blue Dalmatian Productions

Netscape sound plug-ins

Post by Martin Warnet » Thu, 06 Mar 1997 04:00:00

> I'm using Netscape 2.02 with OS/2 Warp and am looking for sound apps to
> play various sound files enclountered on the web.   There seems to be very
> little on netscape's home page.  Can anyone direct me to other places to
> look?

> TIA

> _Peter

> Peter Feldmann      *       Blue Dalmatian Productions

Check out my home page for a list of helper applications and plugins for
use with Navigator for OS/2. Also check
http://budgetweb.com/os2/plugins.html

Martin Warnett
OS/2 Development
Netscape Communications Corp.
Mountain View, CA
(415) 937-3452

http://home.netscape.com/people/mcw

Netscape sound plug-ins

Post by Nicky Morro » Thu, 06 Mar 1997 04:00:00

> I'm using Netscape 2.02 with OS/2 Warp and am looking for sound apps to
> play various sound files encountered on the web.   There seems to be very
> little on netscape's home page.  Can anyone direct me to other places to
> look?

http://www.polsci.wvu.edu/Madbrain/npdsmi.html

http://home.netscape.com/people/mcw/

Nick

Netscape sound plug-ins

Post by The OS/2 Gu » Fri, 07 Mar 1997 04:00:00

> I'm using Netscape 2.02 with OS/2 Warp and am looking for sound apps to
> play various sound files enclountered on the web.   There seems to be very
> little on netscape's home page.  Can anyone direct me to other places to
> look?

> TIA

> _Peter

> Peter Feldmann      *       Blue Dalmatian Productions

Peter, you will DEFINATELY want The Mad Brain's DSMI OS/2 plugin
if you don't have it already installed.  It plays a wide arrange
of different music files including:

 MOD - Amiga modules
 S3M - Scream Tracker 3 modules
 MTM - MultiTracker modules
 STM - Original Scream Tracker modules
 FAR - Farandole composer modules
 669 - Composer 669 modules
 NST - Noise Tracker modules

It's very easy to install and created by Julien Pierre.  His
web page for the DSMI download and DSMI user survey is here:

http://www.polsci.wvu.edu/Madbrain/npdsmi.html

--
The OS/2 Guy

http://www.warpcity.com
Home of Warp City Online Services
--------------------------------------
Dictated using Warp 4's Built-in VTD Software

Netscape sound plug-ins

Post by The OS/2 Gu » Fri, 07 Mar 1997 04:00:00

> I'm using Netscape 2.02 with OS/2 Warp and am looking for sound apps to
> play various sound files enclountered on the web.   There seems to be very
> little on netscape's home page.  Can anyone direct me to other places to
> look?

> TIA

> _Peter

> Peter Feldmann      *       Blue Dalmatian Productions

AND... let me add that Warp City has a large array of Netscape/2
plugin and helper application links on our FTP links page, located
here:

http://www.warpcity.com/links/ftp.html

--
The OS/2 Guy

http://www.warpcity.com
Home of Warp City Online Services
--------------------------------------
Dictated using Warp 4's Built-in VTD Software

1. Netscape Plug-ins

Plug-ins run within the Netscape process. There is no "associated
executable" - all the code is in the plug-in DLL. For example, the
Digital Sound & Music Interface for OS/2 plug-in at
http://www.thetaband.com/npdsmi loads all the multimedia code into the
Netscape process.

Netscape loads all plug-in DLLs that match "PLUGINS\NP*.DLL" when it
starts. If you want more information on how plug-ins work, download the
OS/2 Netscape plug-in toolkit from IBM.

The Acrobat PDF plug-in is an exception - the plug-in DLL does IPC with
their ACROREAD.EXE to pass the data. It's a much more complicated
plug-in than most, and there is no role for this type of implementation.

Julien Pierre               http://www.madbrain.com
Theta Band Software LLC     http://www.thetaband.com

2. old problem again???

3. netscape plug-ins

4. Dual boot XP on a win 2k PC

5. Netscape plug-ins

6. Netscape Plug-ins

7. Netscape Navigator for OS/2 Plug-Ins problem

8. Netscape plug-ins

9. Netscape plug-ins for OS/2?

10. Netscape and Win16 Plug-ins???

11. Comm/2 and Win16 Plug-ins