Os/2 v2.0 & Plus HardCard XL 105 compatibility.

Os/2 v2.0 & Plus HardCard XL 105 compatibility.

Post by The Ga » Thu, 08 Oct 1992 03:57:39

Okay, guys.  I've got a Maxtor 80M IDE drive, a 100M Connor IDE drive, and the afforementioned HardCard XL 105, by Quantum.  This is a SCSI drive.  Thing is, to get them all to co-exist, under DOS, I have to partition the first drive into two or more partitions, and the HardCard locks on as E:.  If I don't do this, it doesn't get recognized at all.

Under Os/2 2.0, things get worse.  The HardCard is not recognized at all.  If I run the device driver for it, which was designed for Os/2 1.3, but should still work, the system always locks up right at the end of the Os/2 logo screen.  I have to boot off floppy and edit my config.sys, which no one likes.

I run a '386/40 with 8M 70ns ram, a STB PowerGraph Vga card, and I want to know if anyone can get similar goodies to work.

                                        Paul S. Gazo

Post by Martin P. Smi » Thu, 08 Oct 1992 10:08:56

>Okay, guys.  I've got a Maxtor 80M IDE drive, a 100M Connor IDE drive, and the afforementioned HardCard XL 105, by Quantum.  This is a SCSI drive.  Thing is, to get them all to co-exist, under DOS, I have to partition the first drive into two or more partitions, and the HardCard locks on as E:.  If I don't do this, it doesn't get recognized at all.

>Under Os/2 2.0, things get worse.  The HardCard is not recognized at all.  If I run the device driver for it, which was designed for Os/2 1.3, but should still work, the system always locks up right at the end of the Os/2 logo screen.  I have to boot off floppy and edit my config.sys, which no one likes.

>I run a '386/40 with 8M 70ns ram, a STB PowerGraph Vga card, and I want to know if anyone can get similar goodies to work.

>                                    Paul S. Gazo

You can get the OS/2 2.0 drivrs from Quantam. BTW folks the problem I
reported with IBM1s506.add and hardcards under the BETA is being addressed
by Quantum. They are producing a .add driver of their own. This is not likely
to be short term so we must live with the old IBM1s506.add

Martin Smith

1. Hardcard 105 XL

Hello!

My harddisk is running out of space and I'm considering
to buy a second one. I got a very attractive (=cheap)
offer of Quantum Hardcard 105 XL. The problem is that
it is shipped only with OS/2 1.3 drivers. Are they compatible
with 2.0/2.1 version and does they allow use HPSF? Or are
there 2.0 specific drivers? Is it worth of buying?

Antti Laakso

2. rc shell Frequently Asked Questions

3. OS/2 and Plus Hardcard II XL?

4. Help w/ CW-7502 CDR drive (won't "write")...

5. Anyone got Plus Hardcard II XL to work?

6. devcon update doesn't work

7. Plus Hardcard II XL

8. 3/14/2001 6p TCMHC Presents Kristen Nygaard on Programming

9. Plus hardcard XL II

10. PLUS hardcard and OS/2 v2.0

11. Future Domain SCSI & Syquest 105 OS/2 drivers ?

12. Quantum Hardcard XL II under OS/2