REQUEST: DoD organizations using OS/2 info

REQUEST: DoD organizations using OS/2 info

Post by vict.. » Thu, 06 Jun 1996 04:00:00

ALL,

I have been requested by a client to research and provide a list of
those Department of Defense (DoD) organizations that are using
OS/2 or plan to use OS/2 in 1996 and beyond.  This information will be used
to assist in making decisions about a 32-bit operating system for the future.
The choices have been narrowed down to OS/2 and NT.

I would appreciate responses as postings here in this newsgroup or eMail

----Pat Victorio, TeamOS/2

Post by e-la.. » Thu, 06 Jun 1996 04:00:00

>I have been requested by a client to research and provide a list of
>those Department of Defense (DoD) organizations that are using
>OS/2 or plan to use OS/2 in 1996 and beyond.

============

The US Navy.

Eric Larson

Post by Marvin Lichtenth » Thu, 06 Jun 1996 04:00:00

: ALL,

: I have been requested by a client to research and provide a list of
: those Department of Defense (DoD) organizations that are using
: OS/2 or plan to use OS/2 in 1996 and beyond.  This information will be used
: to assist in making decisions about a 32-bit operating system for the future.
: The choices have been narrowed down to OS/2 and NT.

: I would appreciate responses as postings here in this newsgroup or eMail

: ----Pat Victorio, TeamOS/2

The Navy is one DOD organization that seems to have selected OS/2.
It might be a little difficult to get details on which sites are
using it.
--
Marvin Lichtenthal

1. Request: Info for 32bit OS's

        A friend of mine is currently writing an article on 32-bit OS's
and need some information.  He wants to concentrate on real life
experiences rather than technical specs.  Information such as ease of
use, power, problems, etc.

        He wants to limit it to OS's that are currently available and
runs on a PC (IBM).  Examples: OS/2, UNIX, NextSTEP, Windoze NT, etc..

        Since there is high traffic in this newsgroup please reply via
email.  Address is attach at bottom.

        Thanks for your time.

-Joe

Social Science Level I          FishNet & Fidonet address also available
McMaster University                  "Of all the things I lost,
Hamilton, Ontario, Canada                 I miss my mind the most"

2. save as options

3. Request for info on OS/2 and SPSS

4. Licence and Moving between Networks

5. OS/2 and MO Drives...info request.

6. (FAQ?) DXF, DWG viewer.

7. Request info on future OS/2 upgrades.

8. TAO 1.2a release now available!

9. OS/2 Redirector Info Request

10. Netware for OS/2, comments and info requested....

11. OS/2 User Group Info Requested

12. Request info on os/2 support group at UI

13. Info requested on OS/2 with various hardware