PM Programming, PM SDK, and MS C600

Post by Wim Bonn » Fri, 07 Dec 1990 06:05:00

Actually, I just trioed some more with my previous problem with the
Star5.c code from petzolds book.  It seems that I CAN do it with the
C6 header files, I only run into problems when I am trying to do the
stuff from within PWB instead of using a seperate make file.

It dies on line 21 of the os2def.h file with 2 errors: C2054 and C2059.

As I don't have this problem when I do not use PWB, I'm at a loss to explain
it.  If anyone has a suggestion, I'd really like to hear it, as I have gotten
to like PWB recently.

Wim.
--

Post by Alan Balla » Fri, 07 Dec 1990 12:15:58

>...  It seems that I CAN do it with the
>C6 header files, I only run into problems when I am trying to do the
>stuff from within PWB instead of using a seperate make file.

There is a note in the README.DOC file that comes with MSC 6.0 about this.
See section 4, "Building PM applications in PWB".  It specifically
mentions the Petzold examples.  Basically, the problem has to do with
exactly what compiler options and function attributes are used for the
programs.

University of British Columbia |    Phone: 604-228-3074
Vancouver B.C. Canada V6R 1W5  |      Fax: 604-228-5116

Post by Kai-Uwe Romm » Fri, 07 Dec 1990 18:06:19

>Actually, I just trioed some more with my previous problem with the
>Star5.c code from petzolds book.  It seems that I CAN do it with the
>C6 header files, I only run into problems when I am trying to do the
>stuff from within PWB instead of using a seperate make file.

>It dies on line 21 of the os2def.h file with 2 errors: C2054 and C2059.

Look for the -Za and -Ze C 6.00 options. The line 21 of os2def.h
contains the "far" keyword which is only available when -Ze is
specified. The "far" keyword was used with C 5.1 while C 6.00 provides a
new keyword "_far" for the same purpose for ANSI compatibility with a
leading underscore. The older "far" keyword is still available for
upward compatibility but only when -Ze is specified to CL. Therefore you
should look for "ANSI compatiblity" or a similar named option in the PWB
menus (I don't have the name in mind) and set it correctly.

Kai Uwe Rommel

--
/* Kai Uwe Rommel
 * Munich

 */

1. PM Programming, MSC 6.00, and PM SDK 1.2

I have recently tried to get into actual PM programming.  I am using C6
under OS/2 1.21.  I have been working my way through the Petzold Book
"Programming the OS/2 Presentation manager"  and recently started up again.

Some time ago I re-installed everything on my system, but did not re-install
the PM SDK as most things seemed to duplicate the NEWER C6.

When I tried to write the STAR5.C program on page 158 of the book, I got
multiple errors from the C header files.

Does anyone know if I need to re-install the PM SDK over C6.00, or if there
may be something else which I am missing?

Wim.

--

2. SNMP Manager Platform.

3. How to code: PM Programming, WP Programming, or UICL Programming?

4. literal

5. PM Versions of MS-Excel, MS-Word

6. QUE: xfer-in/out logging

7. Comm programs which can control PM programs with a resolution of 1024x780

8. Thread blocking ALL processors on Solaris

9. Pasting from PM Excel to PM Word

10. Shareware: DH-Grep-PM 1.01 a PM version of grep

11. PM App failing because of PM Resource Interlock

12. PM App not yielding to other PM applications

13. Trapping key strokes GLOBALLY (PM and non-PM)