Monthly Planner changes p.m. entries to a.m.

Monthly Planner changes p.m. entries to a.m.

Post by Dan Kana » Wed, 07 Sep 1994 10:55:17

I've run into a problem with the Monthly Planner applet.  Say I make an
entry in my Daily Planner that I'm having dinner at 6:00 p.m. on
September 10 (start time is 6:00P and end time is blank).  Later, when I
bring up the Monthly Planner, the meal symbol will appear for 6:00 a.m.
rather than 6:00 p.m. on September 10.  At this point, I can click
the September 10 row to bring up the Daily Planner (dinner will still
show as 6:00P) and save the entry.  Once I do this, the Monthly Planner
will show dinner at 6:00 p.m.  However, all this is lost when I quit
Monthly Planner.  When I start Monthly Planner at a later time, once
again the meal symbol will appear at 6:00 a.m. rather than 6:00 p.m.

Has anyone else run into this problem?

Monthly Planner changes p.m. entries to a.m.

Post by Paul Flo » Sat, 10 Sep 1994 19:03:41

Quote:>I've run into a problem with the Monthly Planner applet.  Say I make an
>entry in my Daily Planner that I'm having dinner at 6:00 p.m. on
>September 10 (start time is 6:00P and end time is blank).  Later, when I
>bring up the Monthly Planner, the meal symbol will appear for 6:00 a.m.
>rather than 6:00 p.m. on September 10.  At this point, I can click
>the September 10 row to bring up the Daily Planner (dinner will still
>show as 6:00P) and save the entry.  Once I do this, the Monthly Planner
>will show dinner at 6:00 p.m.  However, all this is lost when I quit
>Monthly Planner.  When I start Monthly Planner at a later time, once
>again the meal symbol will appear at 6:00 a.m. rather than 6:00 p.m.

>Has anyone else run into this problem?

Yes.
3 choices, as I see it

1. Use the system 24 hour option.

2. Ditch Daily Planner and use something else like ExCal.

3. Put up with the stupid bug.

Paul Floyd, Information Storage Research Group, Dept. of Electrical Engineering,
University of Manchester, Dover St., Manchester, M13 9PL, UK. FAX 061 275 4512

Hwyl fawr i bob un.  Think pos/2ive.   when you start calling it a sewage pump.

A Romany bint in a field with her paints
Suggesting we faint at her beauty,
But she's got*IE DAVIES eyes.

1. PM Monthly Planner AM/PM bug

I've been playing around with the time management applets (daily
planner, monthly planner, etc.). I've found an odd item in the
monthly planner. It occasionally shows items from the daily planner
as meeting in the AM instead of the PM. For instance, a meeting
scheduled for 4 PM in the daily planner shows up in the 4 AM
slot in the monthly planner. This isn't consistent. I can fix
it by re-entering the time on the daily planner and then saving;
it usually appears in the right slot in the monthly planner then.
But sometimes, when I open the planner file again, the meeting is
back at 4 AM.

Any hints or help welcome.

--
Daniel Harrison

2. Snap to Default stuck

3. Monthly Planner OS/2

4. The limitation of STL

5. Monthly Planner Buglet?

6. fs: a4000 $550

7. Monthly Planner OS/2 App

8. DMS100 (NI1): Is it enough to have one SPID for 2 calls?

9. OS/2 Monthly planner problem - SPP problem ?

10. PM Planner

11. HELP : PM Entry Fields

12. Local login - changing entries

13. Fastest way to change a DIVE color palette entry?