Graphics conversion programs

Post by Karl Kingst » Sat, 21 Sep 1996 04:00:00

Hi.

Anybody know where I can find a program that converts from GIF to BMP and
JPG to BMP from the command line?  I saw one on hobbes called GIF2BMP but
it's OLD and doesn't seem to work very well.

Any help would be appreciated.  If there's no such program, where can I find
the file formats for the GIF, BMP, and JPG formats?

Thanks

Post by John Norcross {8360 » Sat, 21 Sep 1996 04:00:00

>Hi.
>Anybody know where I can find a program that converts from GIF to BMP and
>JPG to BMP from the command line?  I saw one on hobbes called GIF2BMP but
>it's OLD and doesn't seem to work very well.
>Any help would be appreciated.  If there's no such program, where can I find
>the file formats for the GIF, BMP, and JPG formats?
>Thanks

Karl,

One of the nicest viewing/converting graphics programs ever created
(IMHO) for OS/2 is PMVIEW.  It is an *extremely* nice program that does
everything you could possible want as far a graphics conversions.
Although it is *not* a command line program, it does allow you to
convert a large set of file from a given format to another fairly
easily.  Definitely worth looking into!
(http://www.wilmington.net/bmtmicro/pmview/)

Regards,

John

Graphics conversion programs

Post by smit.. » Mon, 23 Sep 1996 04:00:00

Quote:

>Hi.

>Anybody know where I can find a program that converts from GIF to BMP and
>JPG to BMP from the command line?  I saw one on hobbes called GIF2BMP but
>it's OLD and doesn't seem to work very well.

  Look for PMVIEW93.ZIP, also available on HOBBES and BMT Micro.  It will
do exactly what you want and more.

   Bill

1. Q: Which graphics conversion program?

Is there any graphics conversion programs for OS/2?

Mainly I am looking for a way to convert PostScript files to GIF.
I also need tools for changing the size and lay-out of the converted
picture. It would also be nice to have tools for manipulations after
the conversion.

I know that GhostScript is capabel to do the conversion. But I would
also like to have the manipulation tools.

2. PIN edit error

3. Graphic file conversion needed

4. color printers

5. Graphic format conversion software

6. VERY strange problem with DNS

7. GRAPHIC FILE CONVERSIONS!!

8. is there anyway to make frontpage not put the meta tag "generator Frontpage 3.0" in all the pages?

9. Graphics Conversion Package for OS/2

10. Graphics Conversion: GIF|JPEG --> BMP --> shows up good, but hope to do better

11. Graphics conversion MS-Windows WMF -> OS/2 2.1 MET ???

12. Graphics Conversion Utilities

13. GRAPHIC FILE CONVERSIONS!!!