LAPS from DevCon CD 6 and install problem

LAPS from DevCon CD 6 and install problem

Post by Talib K Morg » Thu, 23 Feb 1995 05:10:46

I installed LAPS once on my hard drive.  I took it off because things weren't
working right and I figured that I'd re-install it.  Now, when I go back to
reinstall it, I'm given an error message that tells me that there's a problem
with copying file H:\COMM\TCPIP\LAPS\LANLK\IBMLANLK.EXE(H is CD-ROM).  That
message is referred to as the error XI00107 per usual IBM style.

I would like to get this thing installed again...

Please help me...

All suggestions, ideas, etc. appreciated.

Thanks.
Talib

Post by Hawley K Risi » Thu, 23 Feb 1995 10:23:56

: I installed LAPS once on my hard drive.  I took it off because things weren't
: working right and I figured that I'd re-install it.  Now, when I go back to
: reinstall it, I'm given an error message that tells me that there's a problem
: with copying file H:\COMM\TCPIP\LAPS\LANLK\IBMLANLK.EXE(H is CD-ROM).  That
: message is referred to as the error XI00107 per usual IBM style.

Do a file find from the top of your os2 directories for this file, and
get rid of it (actually get rid of both files starting with IBMLANLK) and
then install.  on my machine they are in D:\OS2\INSTALL.

Hope this helps,

Hawley Rising

Post by Hugh Lindl » Thu, 23 Feb 1995 21:31:49

> : I installed LAPS once on my hard drive.  I took it off because things
weren't
> : working right and I figured that I'd re-install it.  Now, when I go back to
> : reinstall it, I'm given an error message that tells me that there's a
problem
> : with copying file H:\COMM\TCPIP\LAPS\LANLK\IBMLANLK.EXE(H is CD-ROM).  That
> : message is referred to as the error XI00107 per usual IBM style.

> Do a file find from the top of your os2 directories for this file, and
> get rid of it (actually get rid of both files starting with IBMLANLK) and
> then install.  on my machine they are in D:\OS2\INSTALL.

> Hope this helps,

> Hawley Rising

I had the same problem with a promotional TCP/IP 2.0 CD from IBM. I
recommend that you also check OS/SYSTEM/DLL for the IBMLANLK.EXE file. If
you find it there check the attributes of the file (which are probably set
to A and R. Use the Attrib -a -r command on the file and then delete it as
the previous poster suggested.

P.S. It took me 2 days and a call to IBM to figure this out. When I called
IBM they told me that my CD was corrupt!

LAPS from DevCon CD 6 and install problem

Post by Jack T » Sat, 25 Feb 1995 11:57:44

Quote:>I installed LAPS once on my hard drive.  I took it off because things weren't
>working right and I figured that I'd re-install it.  Now, when I go back to
>reinstall it, I'm given an error message that tells me that there's a problem
>with copying file H:\COMM\TCPIP\LAPS\LANLK\IBMLANLK.EXE(H is CD-ROM).  That
>message is referred to as the error XI00107 per usual IBM style.

Try this:

      ATTRIB -R C:\OS2\INSTALL\IBMLANLK.SYS
      ATTRIB -R C:\OS2\INSTALL\IBMLANLK.EXE

You might also need:

      ATTRIB -R C:\OS2\INSTALL\LSI.MSG
      ATTRIB -R C:\OS2\INSTALL\LSIH.MSG

LAPS should install after this.

--
Jack Tan         Read the latest news on the OS/2 Information Page:

[TEAM OS/2]
Mathematics & Computer Science, University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign