How to install cvs/rcs

Post by Cris J. Holdor » Thu, 24 Mar 1994 09:11:04

I have been using RCS on unix, and seeming how it is free I would like to
try to use it on my home OS/2 machine.  (I have used PVCS on coop at IBM,
but thats out of my price range, although let me say its a GREAT product!)

I have gotten the rcs56exe.zip and cvs13p8b.zip from ftp.cdrom.com.  I tried
to install these but could not find any kind of installation procedures.
For example there is a "cvsinit" shell script, but this won't run under os2.
I checked all of the files and the only OS/2 information i could find
did not describe installation.  I also checked the os2 programmers faq to
no avail.

Is there any kind of installation instructions around?

Thanks in advance,

---- Cris J H

= Christopher J. Holdorph        ||    Team OS/2 =

= Michigan State University      ||              =
= "...Your dream is over, Or has it just begun?" =
=  ---"Silent Lucidity",  Queensryche            =

1. How to install RCS/CVS?

I want to install the RCS/CVS revision control system. I got the RCS
package to work, but now I have problems installing the CVS package.
Can someone give me some tips how to  get it work.

Thanks

Andreas

---

Team OS/2 Deutschland #665

2. HP 9000 and NFS Mounting

3. Version-Control under OS/2 (perhaps rcs, cvs?)

4. start two drivers for the same pci device

5. RCS/CVS or xfig for OS/2?

6. Attn: Dan McEvers

7. Location of latest version of RCS and CVS for OS/2.

8. HELP: Compress/Decompress on different OSs

9. RCS and CVS for OS/2 (binary files in repository?)

10. RCS, CVS, AEGIS, and shapetools

11. Anybody using CVS and/or RCS ?

12. Problems with CVS/RCS

13. CVS and RCS under Warp