Prob. w/ IBM internet news read!!!

Post by abp.. » Tue, 29 Oct 1996 04:00:00

Hi,

        I'm wondering if anyome else is having a problem maintaining a connection
with the news read server at IBM. It seems to disconnect a random. Any fixes? I
didn't have this problem before upgrading to 4.0. I'm having this problem on my
machine a work and at home.

Thanks

Post by aron.. » Tue, 29 Oct 1996 04:00:00

>Hi,

>    I'm wondering if anyome else is having a problem maintaining a connection
>with the news read server at IBM. It seems to disconnect a random. Any fixes? I
>didn't have this problem before upgrading to 4.0. I'm having this problem on my
>machine a work and at home.

>Thanks

YES!!!!!!! It works but then tells me that it can not find the newsgroup and asks
if I want to delete it. Does this sound like your problem?

Post by mj.. » Tue, 29 Oct 1996 04:00:00

>Hi,

>    I'm wondering if anyome else is having a problem maintaining a connection
>with the news read server at IBM. It seems to disconnect a random. Any fixes? I
>didn't have this problem before upgrading to 4.0. I'm having this problem on my
>machine a work and at home.

>Thanks

Warp 4.0 is not the prob, I'm using Warp 3 and I get that same problem sometimes. Another
problem I get sometimes is that it will take like 5 minutes to show my list of
newsgroups and I only read seven. Lately it's been a lot better but for a while
it was getting frustrating.

Post by Frank McKenn » Wed, 30 Oct 1996 04:00:00

>>        I'm wondering if anyome else is having a problem maintaining a connection
>>with the news read server at IBM. It seems to disconnect a random. Any fixes? I
>>didn't have this problem before upgrading to 4.0. I'm having this problem on my
>>machine a work and at home.
>Warp 4.0 is not the prob, I'm using Warp 3 and I get that same problem sometimes. Another
>problem I get sometimes is that it will take like 5 minutes to show my list of
>newsgroups and I only read seven. Lately it's been a lot better but for a while
>it was getting frustrating.

For nearly four weeks now Advantis has been experiencing problems as a
result of system changes. In particular, the response on at news-s01
reached a point where it might take 3-4 minutes to retrieve a news item.

Response on news2.ibm.net has been a bit better, but somewhere in the
conversion the news server timeout value seems to have been dropped a bit.
I posted a message on this problem in comp.os.os2.mail-news a week ago,
and another Usenet reader told me about the NR/2 "send keep alive
messages" option.

Seems to work a bit better now...

Frank McKenney            / OS/2 Advisor (OS2BBS)
McKenney Associates       / Richmond, *ia / (804) 320-4887

1. IBM Works Ph-Book Label Prob & Mailmerge Probs

I have a couple problems with works and need some suggestions.

I have mailing to do and can not do either of the following:

  1- Print mailing lables. I have 42 to print and when I go
     to print them, it prints two enties on each of the
     rightmost lables, the other two columns are fine.

     If I limit my selections to 30 lables all is O.K.

  2- Mailmerge using the Phonebook doesn't work. If I set up the
     doc to use {First Name} {Last Name}
                {Compant Addr1} {Company Addr2}
                {Company City}, {Company State}, {Company Zip}

      what prints out is : (the following is real data, not the tags)

                FirstName FirstName
                CompantAddr1 CompanyAddr1
                CoCity, CoCity CoCity.

  What am I to do??

 Thanks,
Charlie

2. php + innodb deadlocks

3. OS/2 news from IBM Software News Alert

4. FS:200MHz Extremes $ 2,275.

5. New IBM.NET news server and os2 news groups

6. Free Expo in Boston!

7. Accessing IBM INTERNET (IBM.NET) mail via other ISPs

8. Everyone with VIDEO SYNC PROB'S (TSENG 4000)...READ THIS!

9. IBM Internet Connection Dialer wiith ATTglobal.net (formerly IBM.Net)

10. Slow COM Port Reading Prob

11. Prob with IBMs News Reader