Arrrgh

Post by Greg Kushmer » Wed, 05 Aug 1992 05:42:33

I should have said in my post concerning Word for OS/2 that I am not
in any way affiliated with PC Connection, nor that sales of Word for OS/2
will in any way affect me.

--gk

1. ARRRGH - SHUTDOWN: Why don't DOS/OS2 sessions have focus when opened?

Hi

I'm getting quite irritated by something small but causing total system
shutdown.

I frequently uses a dos utility called DD.EXE so I often open up a dos
window
from the toolbar and then press DD and <enter> without thinking (or
actually
looking at the screen :-).  This (intuitive) sequence has unfortunate side
effects.

The dos session opens but doesn't have keyboard focus and so the "D" (of
DD)
is interpreted by the WPS as the keyboard shortcut for the desktop shutdown

command and my <enter> confirms it.  By that time I realise what I've done
I can't stop it.

Since my last reinstall (redpack/fixpack 5) dos and CMD windows open UNDER
everything else ??? (but that's another problem) ...

Anyway is there a way to (preferably) ensure that DOS/CMD windows have
keyboard focus when they're opened OR to remove the "shutDown" D hotkey?

I know I can create WPS objects for DD but OS/2 is really configurable
and I'd like to work with the windows DOS / CMD sessions as described
above.

Any thoughts?

Thanks
Giovanni
Giovanni Moretti       "WHATEVER YOU CAN DO, OR DREAM YOU CAN, BEGIN IT.
Computer Science Dept   BOLDNESS HAS GENIUS, POWER AND MAGIC IN IT" Goethe

Palmerston North, NEW ZEALAND.  Ph +64-6-3569099 Fax +64-6-3505611  ZL2BOI

2. Branching and VS.Net

3. Arrrgh! Where's my stuff?

4. disable gold key

5. Arrrgh. Diamond Stealth Problems..

6. FS: D/D 9.1GB 3.5" FC-AL 10,000RPM

7. arrrgh!! Problems posting to newsgroups!

8. SGI performer Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)

9. BSOD - Stop! Arrrgh help someone plz!

10. Roaming Profiles - arrrgh

11. Zappo CD-ROM Arrrgh!

12. --ARRRGH! 16/32 meg SIMMs!!!