How to delete OS2*.!!! automatically?

Post by Jonathan de Boyne Pollar » Wed, 20 Aug 2003 04:46:35

VB> I have found that d:\OS2\OS2.!!! and d:\OS2\OS2SYS.!!!
VB> remain on the system.

You do realise that the existence of these files when the WPS is
up and running is normal, don't you ?  Please define "remain".

VB> How do you run these commands in config.sys?

I don't.  I run such commands from \CONFIG\SYSTEM\INIT.RUN, or
as one-shot services.

I assume that you really mean "How _can I_ run these commands
in \CONFIG.SYS?"

That depends from whether you use only IBM's 16-bit command
interpreter.

The DEL command is built in to IBM's 16-bit CMD.  So to invoke it via
a "RUN" directive in \CONFIG.SYS you have to actually invoke IBM's
16-bit CMD instructing it to (in turn) invoke the DEL command.

With the 32-bit CMD, the DEL command is an ordinary program, DEL.EXE,
which you can invoke via a "RUN" directive just as you would invoke
any other program.  (With the 32-bit CMD, the DEL command also has an
/A option that you can use, obviating the need for your invoking the
ATTRIB command beforehand.)

<URL:http://homepages.tesco.net./~J.deBoynePollard/Softwares/cmd.html>

1. OS2 Warp / Netware 3.12 / NWR 2.11 --- Can I automatically login on bootup???

You can do this with a special version of the Netware login.  Use your WWW client to
open the following URL: http://www.pitt.edu/~quinlan/netware_login.html

Yes, there are security risks, but they can be minimized (see the above URL), and if
an automatic login is necessary for some task, then it may be worth the small risk
involved.  Users will need to judge for themselves.

Joseph J. Quinlan, M.D.
Assistant Professor of Anesthesiology/CCM
University of Pittsburgh

Web Page: http://www.pitt.edu/~quinlan

2. Sending messages via UUS: testers needed

3. delete and delete [] -- please enlighten me

4. Bend Table Setup

5. How do I delete a printer, I mean really delete it.

6. Help with Eps700, too much ink?

7. Deleting icon vs. deleting program

8. 2.5 gig hard drive $269 8x CD-ROM $99 3COM PCMCIA ethernet card $109 check out these and more!

9. delete and delete []

10. How to delete OS2 Warp from your system

11. Re-Installing OS2 after Deleting

12. Can I delete these apps from OS2.INI?

13. How delete from WIN-OS2?