EPM and visibility of TAB(dec09)

Post by Fred Dei-Co » Sat, 13 Jul 1996 04:00:00

I am gradually getting my EPM (6.03a) act together and one of the things
which still bugs me is the following:

Is there a commmand/facility which would make the TAB character (or a
representation of it) visible?  I tried the /bin switch but it appears that
this one allows only for the cr/lf.  Do I overlook something?

Regards,
--
   Fred Dei-Cont          Fax:+27 21 461-8861

EPM and visibility of TAB(dec09)

Post by Ken Arw » Sat, 13 Jul 1996 04:00:00

Quote:>I am gradually getting my EPM (6.03a) act together and one of the things
>which still bugs me is the following:

     Just when you thought it was safe....<G>  There's an even newer
version available -- 6.03b.

Quote:>Is there a commmand/facility which would make the TAB character (or a
>representation of it) visible?  I tried the /bin switch but it appears that
>this one allows only for the cr/lf.  Do I overlook something?

     Larry Margolis answered this a while back:
----- begin quote -----
A number of people objected to seeing the circle in EPM 5.51, so it was
removed in EPM 6.00.  I objected to *not* seeing it, since I like to be
able to distinguish between spaces and tabs, so I added it back as an
option.  To enable it, you have to add to your MYSTUFF.E the following
and then recompile the macros (ETPM EPM).  If this is the first time you're
compiling, you'll probably want to create a MYCNF.E containing OS2TOOLS.CFG.

   definit
   compile if EVERSION >= '6.00c'
      call tabglyph(1)  -- Enable the tab glyph, rather than displaying a space
   compile endif

You're probably getting the tab character, but just seeing whitespace.
----- end quote -----

So sayeth,
     Ken Arway

Post by kenne.. » Sat, 13 Jul 1996 04:00:00

Quote:>Is there a commmand/facility which would make the TAB character (or a
>representation of it) visible?  I tried the /bin switch but it appears that
>this one allows only for the cr/lf.  Do I overlook something?

One of the many things that require that you alter the E source.

In mystuff.e:
      definit
      compile if EVERSION >= '6.00c'
         call tabglyph(1)   -- Make the tab glyph visible.
      compile endif

Post by Larry Margol » Sun, 14 Jul 1996 04:00:00

>>Is there a commmand/facility which would make the TAB character (or a
>>representation of it) visible?  I tried the /bin switch but it appears that
>>this one allows only for the cr/lf.  Do I overlook something?

>One of the many things that require that you alter the E source.

>In mystuff.e:
>      definit
>      compile if EVERSION >= '6.00c'
>         call tabglyph(1)   -- Make the tab glyph visible.
>      compile endif

That's how I do it, but note that the latest version (6.03b)
includes a TabGlyph command, so you can turn it on or off or
query it from the command line:  tabglyph 1 | ON | 0 | OFF | ?

If you want to make that your default, but don't want to
recompile, you can set it in your Rexx profile by adding a
'tabglyph 1' command to your PROFILE.ERX.

--
Larry Margolis

Post by Larry Margol » Mon, 15 Jul 1996 04:00:00

>>Is there a commmand/facility which would make the TAB character (or a
>>representation of it) visible?  I tried the /bin switch but it appears that
>>this one allows only for the cr/lf.  Do I overlook something?

>     Larry Margolis answered this a while back:

Since then, I've added a command to toggle it on or off, or query
the setting:  tabglyph ON | 1 | OFF | 0 | ?

--
Larry Margolis

1. EPM tab configuration

Is there a way to configure epm so that when a file containing tabs is opened,
tabs are displayed as appropriate number of spaces, and when the file is written
back the tabs are written back as tabs.  In other words, if the user uses spaces
for a line then spaces are used in the file, but if tabs are used, they are saved in
the output file but displayed as spaces - the way tabs are supposed to be used.

Cordially,
Chacko

http://www.scionix.com/~chacko/

2. What the #^@*&$^#&@*($ with all the patents?!?!

3. How to set TAB=5 Spaces in EPM.exe

4. 3com home kits with Bellatlantic, too good to be true?

5. Tabs in EPM ?

6. Install help..

7. EPM 6.03a is not liking tabs...

8. ANN: BDB++ 0.99b released

9. Icky Tabs in EPM -- help!

10. EPM: Tab equals circle?

11. EPM inconsistent tab settings?

12. EPM 6.03a and TABS:a neverending story...

13. Tabs in EPM look like small o's