FP29 for Warp3 (from DevCon CD) ??

Post by Irv Thom » Sat, 19 Jul 1997 04:00:00

Can anyone here report good/bad/so-so experieneces with FP29, which is
included in the recent "Developer Connection Release2, Volume 1" CD's?
  I'm aware that some of the newer NN/2 features require at least
FP26, which I have not yet installed; does FP29 have any known
drawbacks compared to FP26?
   Also,  I've heard there are some glitches in FP29's installation
process - some missing files??
  Thanks,
Irv Thomae
Succinct Systems, Inc.
   in the Green Mountain State

Post by Buddy Donnel » Sat, 19 Jul 1997 04:00:00

Thomae)Fri, 18 Jul 1997 11:01:00 writes:

    Can anyone here report good/bad/so-so experieneces with FP29, which is
    included in the recent "Developer Connection Release2, Volume 1" CD's?
      I'm aware that some of the newer NN/2 features require at least
    FP26, which I have not yet installed; does FP29 have any known
    drawbacks compared to FP26?
       Also,  I've heard there are some glitches in FP29's installation
    process - some missing files??

This is more just a "comments" response than a Pro or Con. FP29 is working
here on 2 machines and is working here at least as well as FP26, which was
pretty darned good.

However, during the time I've been using FP29 (almost a month?) I've gone
through problems with Netscape's 6/27 release, problems with MGA drivers
and BIOS changes, problems with a SCSI device driver version, and problems
with a TCPIP stack, none of which can be attributed (I think) to FP29 but
which may have masked problems with the FP.

In fact, at one point I had begun downloading FP26 to back level to it
when I started changing code in another area and abandoned the idea that
FP29 was responsible.

That's where I stand today. I've heard of a FP30 out there but haven't
seen it, and would probably try it out immediately. I believe John
Summerfield published here some problem he had with it, but I don't
remember what he said, specifically.

Hope it helps. As in all FPs, make sure you use the latest Kicker builds,
and do a full CHKDSK/F on at least your OS/2 driver before beginning.

Good luck,

Buddy

Buddy Donnelly

Post by David Ku » Sun, 20 Jul 1997 04:00:00

: Can anyone here report good/bad/so-so experieneces with FP29, which
: is included in the recent "Developer Connection Release2, Volume 1"
: CD's?

:   I'm aware that some of the newer NN/2 features require at least
: FP26, which I have not yet installed; does FP29 have any known
: drawbacks compared to FP26?

:    Also,  I've heard there are some glitches in FP29's installation
: process - some missing files??

For me, fix pack 27 was rock solid. Unfortunately fix pack 29 has been
very unstable on all 3 machines that I installed it on. I've since
upgraded 2 of those to Warp 4; wish I had backed up the other first.
:(

--
David Kunz
Operator error.  Replace operator and strike any key to continue...

1. Are the DevCon CD's worth anything?

I am currently writing an OS/2 game.  I've already got the full-screen
graphics engine written.  A demo will be released shortly for alpha
testing purposes.  However, I have no support for audio yet.  I would
like to use the Dart routines since I've seen several others put out
full-screen stuff that uses them.

1 - Does DevCon come with source and/or libs for audio that is
available for commercial use?
2 - Are the items royality free?
3 - I've heard Digital Music and Sound Interface for OS/2 is on DevCon
9 and 10.  Is this royality free or for demo purposes?
4 - Would you feel it's worth it, in your opinion, for resources in
creating games?

Thanks a lot for any help.  Getting info out of IBM has been like
pulling teeth.  They only really wanted my card numbers heard, but
that's sales people for ya'.. :)

Bel, the mostly sane..
TeamOS/2
(Note: I don't usually respond to Email.)

2. help

3. DevCon CD

4. Virtual domain hosting under Win2K Server

5. Sanyo CDR-H94A with Linux?

6. DevCon CDs?

7. how to remove/add data types?

8. DevCon CD

9. LAPS from DevCon CD 6 and install problem

10. DevCon CD 6 LAN Server 40 Prob

11. WTB: DevCon CD

12. WTB DevCon CD