After CSD, display does not work anymore

After CSD, display does not work anymore

Post by MUI-KIM » Tue, 01 Mar 1994 08:17:43

After installing the CSD, my display doesn't work anymore. I am using
the Diamond VRAM card.  Does anyone know if there is a new driver for
VRAM?

Thanks,
kim

Post by James Widm » Tue, 01 Mar 1994 21:58:33

>After installing the CSD, my display doesn't work anymore. I am using
>the Diamond VRAM card.  Does anyone know if there is a new driver for
>VRAM?

I had the same thing happen with a trident 8900.  All I got was a blinking
cursor in the top left corner.

Anyone have any ideas on what is going on????

thanks jim

Post by Steve Withe » Sat, 05 Mar 1994 20:36:44

> After installing the CSD, my display doesn't work anymore. I am using
> the Diamond VRAM card.  Does anyone know if there is a new driver for
> VRAM?

> Thanks,
> kim

Read the readme. It says the SP does not completely service the base video
files. You may have to do an SVGA ON in a full screen DOS session/boot to
restore your video.

More details in the readme and readme.ins

Steve
--
Steve Withers Wellington  New Zealand

OS/2 2.1 user

Post by Markus Wa » Tue, 08 Mar 1994 20:40:00

"After CSD, display does not work anymore":

Quote:> After installing the CSD, my display doesn't work anymore. I am using
> the Diamond VRAM card.  Does anyone know if there is a new driver for
> VRAM?

> Thanks,
> kim

You are sure, you set your video to plain VGA before installing the CSD?
I think I read something about this some weeks ago. In that article they
said, that installing a video driver over an older version of the same
driver may cause problems ...

------------------------------
PGP2.3a public key auf Anfrage
## CrossPoint v2.92 R ##

1. DOS does not work anymore (WARP)

          I do notuse DOS that often anymore but when I tried to
          install the battletech demo, I was greeted with an error
          message.

The program caused an exception:

07f000ea 7df75800
EAX=00006f00
cs:eip c000:00007585
ss:esp 9fee:000000dc

EBPP 2
flg 20046

all others 0 or ******

I installed the service pack.
Btw when I run NR/2 while starting DOS, NR/2 aborts with :

Error changing text in the main subscription window.

          What is going on, this is weird.  Why the interaction
          between DOS and NR/2

Pim van Meurs

     The Future is not what it used to be

2. strange mail delay problem

3. winos2 paste not working anymore Word <-> Excel ?

4. WTB 1942 Monitor Cable?

5. Mouse double right click does not work anymore

6. Navigator V3.0b5 + Java

7. HELP! Videodriver not working anymore...

8. BusLogic VLB SCSI controller?

9. IRQ printing not working anymore

10. CMD objects not working in WPS anymore

11. HELP: LINUX and Other Int. Provider not working anymore

12. help - tcpip on os2 not working anymore

13. OS/2 will not run a DOS box anymore!