Lotus 1-2-3 for OS/2 2.0 annonuced?

Post by Jari Lehton » Thu, 11 Feb 1993 18:02:07

Hi!

I just read in a Finnish computer magazine that Lotus is
*shipping* 1-2-3 for OS/2 2.0, true 32 bit application.
Is this true? Anyone seen it?

I know about 1-2-3/G and I don't mean it.

This (if true), could start a flood of 32-bit applications,
which would greatly help OS/2 gain some ground in corporate
world, where 1-2-3 is still a standard. Maybe it would put
Lotus back to top as a software supplier, since Microsoft
apparently has no plans to ship Excel for OS/2 2.0.

Comments, anyone?

-------------------- A Happy User of OS/2 2.1 beta! ---------------------

Jari Lehtonen, Student of Computer Science, University of Turku, Finland.
" Blind faith in your leaders, or in anything, will get you killed."
                                        -Bruce Springs*

Post by Tom Hatt » Fri, 12 Feb 1993 07:05:31

>Hi!
>I just read in a Finnish computer magazine that Lotus is
>*shipping* 1-2-3 for OS/2 2.0, true 32 bit application.
>Is this true? Anyone seen it?

I don't have a copy of the (lengthy) release statement, but yes, Lotus
has officially announced 1-2-3 for OS2 as well as * Graphics
for OS2. The date on the announcement was Feb 8 '93. Contact Lotus or
an authorized dealer for detailed info; or just wait, I'm sure it'll
be posted in its entirety on the net soonish :-)
--
Tom Hatton

(415)-476-8693