Will Mathcad 4 fir Win ron on OS/2?

Post by H LEE HUDDLESTON » Mon, 14 Feb 1994 08:02:00

I just purchased Os/2 and am wondering if mathcad will run under it.  Normally
i wouldn't ask but Mathcad won't run unless a win swap file is active.  Iam
curious,

Lee,

Post by Generic Account 11 » Mon, 14 Feb 1994 14:21:01

: I just purchased Os/2 and am wondering if mathcad will run under it.  Normally
: i wouldn't ask but Mathcad won't run unless a win swap file is active.  Iam
: curious,

No.  Mathcad is a Win32s program.  At least the version I have is.  Someone
said they got Mathcad to work under OS/2.  The current version of OS/2
cannot handle Win32s programs, so I doubt this.

Post by Jan A. deRo » Mon, 14 Feb 1994 19:09:39

>u!hlh5721

>Newsgroups: comp.os.os2.advocacy
>Subject: Will Mathcad 4 fir Win ron on OS/2?
>Date: 12 Feb 1994 23:02 CDT

>News-Software: OpenVMS/VAX  VNEWS 1.41
>I just purchased Os/2 and am wondering if mathcad will run under it.  Normally
>i wouldn't ask but Mathcad won't run unless a win swap file is active.  Iam
>curious,
>Lee,

Won't run, don't even try.  One of the few win32s apps around, that is
unable to run in OS/2.  BTW, I have called MathSoft a couple of times about
an OS/2 version and they keep saying that they'll put me on a list of those
who have inquired, but make no commitment to an OS/2 port.

School of Hotel Administration
Cornell University

Will Mathcad 4 fir Win ron on OS/2?

Post by Michael Du » Thu, 17 Feb 1994 03:33:51

Mathcad 3 will work on OS/2 just fine.  But not 4.  (or is that 2 but not 3)...
--
Michael Dunn

Post by Divya Sundar » Thu, 17 Feb 1994 04:06:32

>Mathcad 3 will work on OS/2 just fine.  But not 4.  (or is that 2 but not 3)...
>--
>Michael Dunn

MathCAD 3.0 and 3.1 will run fine (even GREAT) under OS/2.

MathCAD 4.0 and above will NOT.

Be advised that version 3.0 and 3.1 have some restrictions on the size of
matrices ... these restrictions are not too restrictive .. but for any
serious work, you'd better be aware of this.

IMHO, MathACd is the best product of its kind for the money. It combines
the functionality of Matlab, Maple and Word into one package. While I would
not use MathCAD to write my papers or rely on to do all my symbolic or
matrix based math the way I would depend upon Maple or Matlab, it certainly
is a great hybrid product.

I have said the above based upon my experiences with MathCAD versions 3.0,
3.1 and 4.0.

Divya