Can WebEx handle protected proxies

Post by Hise.Chap.. » Thu, 20 Jun 1996 04:00:00

My place of employment has userid/password protected proxy servers for employees to access the internet.  I guess they want to keep a track of who's downloading those Pamela Anderson pics on company computers :-).

Thanks,
Hise Chapman

PS  Which group is the preferred location for questions like this: ...os2.tcpip or ...os2.www?

1. WEBEx 1.02 and proxy server - Unable to get through proxy

I'm running Warp, TCP/IP for OS/2 2.0 plus Aug94 CSDs plus PN71501 and Web Explorer 1.02.
I'm LAN attached to my organization's proxy server.

Problem: Regardless of the URL I use, I can't get past a "Error 403 forbidden by rule. cern httpd3.0."

My Web Explorer server is configured with proxy enabled and proxy address as:

http://internet3:80

I can ping to internet3 no problem; the system administrator swears that my IP address has been configured in the proxy server (internet3).

If I try and access http://www.ibm.com, the sysad monitors the incoming traffic from my IP address and sees as incoming:

/www.ibm.com  (Note the loss of the leading http:/ ).

I'd appreciate any ideas out there.  My organization is primarily a Windows and UNIX shop...they have no OS/2 experience.

Eric Kintzer

2. Where is it? Please!

3. Zippers/unzippers that handle password-protected files?

4. Does IIs need an IP address?

5. WebEx + Proxy + Forms

6. ORBacus: Succesfull compilation but...

7. WebEx, proxy settings?

8. How do I edit a dw row (part II)

9. What are "Proxy" and "Socks" in the Webex ini file?

10. Does Webex proxy support sockets?

11. ICS 4.1 proxy and news in WebEx

12. WebEX 950331 bad handling of <PRE> tag???

13. WebEx proxy